Discussion Is the iPhone worth buying at the premium price?

I have seen the 53k last week bro.

Oh no, I have missed it :cry: ... Hope they will bring that price again. Looks like Currently, only Flipkart is selling XS model (amazon is selling only XS Max and sometimes XS might popup). Tried checking in reliance digital, Croma but they aree not selling it.

Oh no, I have missed it :cry: ... Hope they will bring that price again. Looks like Currently, only Flipkart is selling XS model (amazon is selling only XS Max and sometimes XS might popup). Tried checking in reliance digital, Croma but they aree not selling it.
Those are just the left over stocks, as it's a discontinued model. Keep looking!

Would it be still great to buy the iPhone XS Max in October during festival sales ? Or is it better to go for iPhone 11. (Both 64 GB).
Which one would be better ?

Also will there be a price cut fot the XS Max dying the sale or once 12 series launches ? How much would be the price cut?

As of now both XS Max 64gb and 11 64gb cost same. So how much discount would the XS Max be offered during say BBD or Amazon festival sales?

Would it be still great to buy the iPhone XS Max in October during festival sales ? Or is it better to go for iPhone 11. (Both 64 GB).
Which one would be better ?

Also will there be a price cut fot the XS Max dying the sale or once 12 series launches ? How much would be the price cut?

As of now both XS Max 64gb and 11 64gb cost same. So how much discount would the XS Max be offered during say BBD or Amazon festival sales?
The price cuts are uncertain this year due to heavy loses, high import duty, more gst and all those things but still maybe there are some price cuts.

Presently XS Max is selling at 69K and further there are some card offers, I don't think it would go below 55K atleast this year.

I would prefer XS Max anyday over Iphone 11 just alone for the Amoled display

I just experienced another incident with Apple's service standards. 10 days ago, my relative's iPhone 6S plus mobile's Wi-Fi stopped working suddenly. Then after 2 days, the phone's battery drained rapidly during the night and it finally died completely. It wasn't booting at all. They took it to the service center last Tuesday. The service center guys said they will send the Mobile to Bangalore. They also said, If there's no water damage or parts tampering, the issue will be addressed. Yesterday they called and informed that they are replacing the Mobile.

The ultimate twist in this whole scenario is, the mobile is already out of warranty (Bought in May 2019)!

I think Apple has some policy to address these hard brick issues, even when the mobile is not in warranty. Or maybe they have some threshold like 6 months post-warranty for such issues. In any case, this is what we expect from a company that sells such premium products.

Samsung on the other hand, abandons the customer, even if it's a flagship phone. As I said, I personally experienced it with my S7 Edge dying! Forget about out of warranty, even if the device is in warranty, one must face a lot of trouble to get a replacement.

I just experienced another incident with Apple's service standards. 10 days ago, my relative's iPhone 6S plus mobile's Wi-Fi stopped working suddenly. Then after 2 days, the phone's battery drained rapidly during the night and it finally died completely. It wasn't booting at all. They took it to the service center last Tuesday. The service center guys said they will send the Mobile to Bangalore. They also said, If there's no water damage or parts tampering, the issue will be addressed. Yesterday they called and informed that they are replacing the Mobile.

The ultimate twist in this whole scenario is, the mobile is already out of warranty (Bought in May 2019)!

I think Apple has some policy to address these hard brick issues, even when the mobile is not in warranty. Or maybe they have some threshold like 6 months post-warranty for such issues. In any case, this is what we expect from a company that sells such premium products.

Samsung on the other hand, abandons the customer, even if it's a flagship phone. As I said, I personally experienced it with my S7 Edge dying! Forget about out of warranty, even if the device is in warranty, one must face a lot of trouble to get a replacement.
Lucky - But my hard guess will be that your relative might have purchased the device along with apple protection which means standard 1 year + 1 year additional warranty. He can download apple support app to verify the warranty status.

Lucky - But my hard guess will be that your relative might have purchased the device along with apple protection which means standard 1 year + 1 year additional warranty. He can download apple support app to verify the warranty status.
Nope. We didn't buy the apple protection. In fact, I was the one who ordered it for them on Flipkart. The device was out of warranty after 1 year.

B8rsS0Y.png

Ok, Apparently, For the 6S Plus models manufactured in 2018 and 2019, there seems to be a "Dead motherboard" issue in batches. Apple took a decision to replace the mobiles with such a problem regardless of the warranty status. This is the reason for the free replacement, service center people clarified. New mobile delivered today!

I am looking at iPhone 11 now @Siva bro.
Not going fot XS/XS Max as I don't feel they will get any price cut. Also I don't want to go for less than 6 inch phones as I am used to 6 inch + phones. Also they are still costing more than the 11. I have a tight and limited budget.

Hence the options I have are few. Since iphone 11 is a new model it would get a year extra of software update as compared to previous version. And since iPhone 11 is now made in India I expect price cut in coming weeks.

Pls let me know what u feel, if it's that right choice (iphone 11). And will iPhone 12 / 12 Max be any cheaper than iphone 11. (Since they too would be made in India)

I just saw iPhone SE is now priced at 36k on Flipkart, earlier the rate was more. How much do u think iphone 11 will cost once the new made in India gets stocked ? And plus during BBD ? Iphone 11 on Amazon costs now approx 60k.

I am looking at iPhone 11 now @Siva bro.
Not going fot XS/XS Max as I don't feel they will get any price cut. Also I don't want to go for less than 6 inch phones as I am used to 6 inch + phones. Also they are still costing more than the 11. I have a tight and limited budget.

Hence the options I have are few. Since iphone 11 is a new model it would get a year extra of software update as compared to previous version. And since iPhone 11 is now made in India I expect price cut in coming weeks.

Pls let me know what u feel, if it's that right choice (iphone 11). And will iPhone 12 / 12 Max be any cheaper than iphone 11. (Since they too would be made in India)

I just saw iPhone SE is now priced at 36k on Flipkart, earlier the rate was more. How much do u think iphone 11 will cost once the new made in India gets stocked ? And plus during BBD ? Iphone 11 on Amazon costs now approx 60k.
11 is good, except for the LCD screen and resolution. XS has a superior LED screen and better resolution. Rest, everything is fine in 11 too. Pricing wise, XS was available for 53k in the recent sale, so you can watch out for such deals and grab one when you get it. And iPhone 11 might get a little more cut in the price (55k is my guess) after 12 is launched. Software-wise, you should not worry much, as Apple is the best in that department! Coming to iPhone 12, it is expected to be priced lower than 11. However, the screen size is rumored to start at 5.4 inches (You mentioned you prefer 6 inches or above).

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock