Discussion Is the iPhone worth buying at the premium price?

I have iPhone 11 and Poco F1 with custom ROM "Pixel Experience", I don't find any of the OS inferior. Android OEM roms are ruining the experience while custom ROM gives amazing user experience.

No offense to anyone however I am yet to understand why anyone will be ready to spend 64k for iPhone when even 15k phone gives everything.

In order to develop iOS apps you need to have a MacBook whereas Android apps can be developed from any PC. Also, Apple takes a big share of app revenues. Therefore smaller developers will naturally prefer Android. However, any company that is even moderately big will definitely have an iOS app.

Even Google takes same share. 30% is industry standard be it any platform. Apple checks into an app/update more deeply compared to google and that's why it gets delayed sometimes. If someone is making a decent app they would like to target more users so it will release in both platforms.

Last edited:
I have iPhone 11 and Poco F1 with custom ROM "Pixel Experience", I don't find any of the OS inferior. Android OEM roms are ruining the experience while custom ROM gives amazing user experience.

No offense to anyone however I am yet to understand why anyone will be ready to spend 64k for iPhone when even 15k phone gives everything.

Ya but for how long you can expect that? 1yr or 2yrs? After some time you might start noticing some issue. But that's hard with iPhone/iOS. I had 6s for 5 years and never had any issue. Also will be getting the latest OS updates/software options during that period. Spending 60k-70k will be a long time investment.

6s (2015) started with iOS9 and now it got iOS14 update.

A 15k phone cannot give perfomance than a 64k phone. 4GB RAM not enough nowadays..
I have both and don't see any difference in terms of performance, features or camera. My 15k phone give 6 GB RAM and 64 GB of storage.

However, I agree that 64k phone must be having some unique things to offer which I'm yet to understand unfortunately ☺️

Last edited:
Ya but for how long you can expect that? 1yr or 2yrs? After some time you might start noticing some issue. But that's hard with iPhone/iOS. I had 6s for 5 years and never had any issue. Also will be getting the latest OS updates/software options during that period. Spending 60k-70k will be a long time investment.

6s (2015) started with iOS9 and now it got iOS14 update.
Yes, I agree on OS update part. iOS will continue to get updates for years to come while Android lacks big time and you may have to rely on custom ROMs which is not easy thing for everyone.

Long pending customization has been addressed in latest IOS 14. We have always seen a trend of innovation and securities in native IOS rather than being depended on 3rd party apps which now Andriod 11 matching on and moreover with supporting older device with newer IOS version is a plus.
End of the day it all depends on usage and choice, i prefer IOS over Andriod with my usage other can decide based on theirs.

For the first time I’m using Apple IPhone.......I gave my Samsung Galaxy S9+ to my frnd for his IPhone 6s.

Initial IOS impression is good & I’m gonna use it for couple of months. Let’s see if it satisfies all my day to day operations.

How is the battery health of the iphone after 3 years of usage ? Does battery run out faster ?
Iphone XR battery was good, but all other iphones batteries (6S to X) will drain very fast after 1 year

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom