Good News IPL Media Rights - Winner : Star Sports(TV+Digital) Globally

Gurmeet singh

Reaction score
MUMBAI: Star India has won the IPL media rights with a consolidated bid of Rs 16,347.5 crore. Star will thus get the five-year TV and digital rights for India and the rest of the world. Earlier in the day, BCCI announced that Star India and Sony Pictures were ki among the 13 who were eligible for winning the IPL media rights. Besides the two broadcasters, the others who were eligible for the digital rights for India included Reliance Jio, Airtel, Times internet and Facebook. SuperSport, Yupp TV, Econet, OSM (Gulf DTH) were eligible for rest of the world after the technical evaluation. Since BeIN Sports had not provided its financial statement due to the laws of Qatar, their participation would depend on an e-mail stating that they would not be able to provide the document due to government regulations. Out of the potential 14 bidders, BamTech got disqualified because several fundamental documents were missing from their bid.
Read more at: http://www.televisionpost.com/television/star-india-wins-ipl-media-rights-for-rs-16347-5-cr/ | TelevisionPost.com

Last edited:
Pls tell us how many company Bidding for Indian subcontinental right??
BT sports, Sky Digital, Fb, twitter ,discovery, Yahoo also applying ..what is this..are they bidding for Worldwide right?
I would be happy if amazon got the right and provides Free for prime users

BT sports, Sky Digital, Fb, twitter ,discovery, Yahoo also applying ..what is this..are they bidding for Worldwide right?

if it happens then on the very nxt day prime subscription cost will be raised to Rs 999

if it happens then on the very nxt day prime subscription cost will be raised to Rs 999
prime subscription bound to hike from next year .with the inclusion of Prime Music..it doesn't matter If they win the bid or not.

BT & Sky are the top 2 broadcasters in UK so they must be bidding for UK right
DSport is bidding for India
Lot of them are bidding for digital rights IMO
SuperSport is bidding for African rights
Star , Sony , Discovery & maybe Jio for Indian TV rights

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock