Discussion IPL 15 (2022) | Auction Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbalanced Squad For Many Teams,

I Feel Even CSK And MI,

This Year Going To Be A Good Contest For Captains, Coaches & Franchises,
Exactly I agree. I would put even RCB in that list. Too many uncertainties.

For me this would be the team standings for 2022:
1. LSG
2. DC
3, 4, 5, 6. PBKS/RR/CSK/RCB (Depends on how wisely each of these teams play this year will decide their standings)
7. KKR
8. MI
9. GT
10. SRH

For me this would be the team standings for 2022:
1. LSG
2. DC
3, 4, 5, 6. PBKS/RR/CSK/RCB (Depends on how wisely each of these teams play this year will decide their standings)
7. KKR
8. MI
9. GT
10. SRH
For 2023, MI will jump 3 to 5 places if Bumrah/Archer can deliver as ferociously as Bumrah/Boult and Bumrah/Malinga did. Remember the old saying... MI wins in odd years (except 2021). For me DC and LSG should be interchanged. DC’s auction strategy and body language was the best to me.
Please don't feel sad for Raina piinku1 bhai.. There are lot of things happening/happened behind the scenes regarding Raina.Just saying.
Feeling very sad for Raina
Not to worry, he still has an enormous fanbase and his kids will always be seen playing with Dhoni’s daughter.

Really should have gone to some other team, not RCB. Like that kid who is separated from all his friends in the annual class reshuffling exercise.
Faf has got like 4 former CSK players (Jason and Willey along with Karn, Josh) to go with him as well. I feel like they wanted him as a captain, so, even if someone would bidded more they would have paid for him. So, it wasn't anyway a viable option for CSK and wasn't meant to be.

Faf has got like 4 former CSK players (Jason and Willey along with Karn, Josh) to go with him as well.
Do you associate any of them with CSK like you do Faf? I really doubt it. Sure, RCB needed a captain and someone to fill in the shoes of ABD. But seeing Faf leave his home of 10 years is a little too hard for CSK fans to digest.

It’s not the logic but the emotions. Faf has been so integral to the CSK side for years and is an outstanding team family member. The team bought back Bravo, Chahar, Rayudu and so many others but not Faf, and that is heartbreaking to many.

With a 10 team IPL, there should have been the playoff format that BBL follows. It will be unfair for the bottom 6 in a 10 team format.

- Top 5 qualifies for playoffs
- Winner of 1v2 goes to final
- Winner of 4v5 plays 3
- Winner of second playoff plays loser of first
- Final..

But now..Surprised to see them leave Raina just like that. He has been the pillar of the team in most seasons.
Base price is the main issue. He would have fitted into many teams as they are struggling for a middle order position as of yet.
Faf has been so integral to the CSK side for years and is an outstanding team family member.
For your point, CSK had let go Mike Hussey, who was thier best batsman and orange cap holder for the previous season. It has to do with team combinations they want. Mike Hussey was also as big of part as Faf if not bigger at that point. Moreover, he went on to play for Mumbai which is a direct competitior for CSK.

Yes, it was emotional for many people. May be I was the only person who felt very happy when CSK bought back Faf in 2018,none of my friends did. He became more associated with people in the last cycle only, but if you ask Faf if he wanted to go CSK for a higher salary at CSK or team to have a better combinations, he would have opted for the latter. If you take all the playing XI's CSK might not be great but they have plenty of quality combinations to go with which aren't there for many other teams which has that luxary. Even some teams don't have many back-up options if somewhere to be injured. It's a practical and pragmatic desicion. May be CSK might have payed a little bit more for Rayudu and Chahar but those skills are very Rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock