Intel’s new processors Skylake Wakes Up Your Windows 10 Computer With Your Voice

Sarkar

Reaction score
No need to press a button, no need to boot up manually: the new integrated audio DSP means you can say “Hey Cortana” and get your PC to wake-up from a low power state ready for interaction.

Intel-s-Skylake-Wakes-Up-Your.jpg

Intel Skylake: Some chips have an integrated image signal processor

Although we emphasized that multi-core processing is only slightly better that the previous Core i7-4790K, the single-threaded performance simply rockets by the last Intel generation, showing an unexpected performance boost.

Tying in nicely with Windows 10’s Cortana personal assistant feature, the newly revealed CPU feature is constantly listening out for your voice. All he said was “hey Cortana wake up” and it started the PC.

The voice commands extend to ability to play the music on your PC. Already, Windows 10 machines can be operated with voice commands to a great extent.

A Hong Kong based professional overclocker by the name of Chi-Kui Lam has set a new record for the Intel Core i7-6700k processor frequency speeds, reaching nearly 7GHz clock speeds.

Privacy concerns about similar always listening functions are not new.

Over the past few years, such voice commands have trickled down to Android smartphones and even iOS devices.

From there, either you can continue with voice-commanding Cortana to do things or you can go with your regular old habit of using the age-old keyboard and mouse technologies.

However, Intel didn’t mention how much power the always-listening mode will drain or how much it will affect the standby power.

Intel’s Skylake Wakes Up Your Windows 10 Computer With Your Voice | Rapid News Network

http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/18/9174887/microsoft-cortana-intel-voice-activation

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock