Discussion Computer Problem, Virus and Upgrade

Rajat Basak

Solutions
Reaction score
Several Virus Attack or Problems in Windows 7.

It was told that Windows 7 users will not get any security and technical updates from January 14, 2020 onwards. Microsoft asked to switch to Latest OS..

Now from February 2020 I was facing several problem in my system.
Windows 7 32 bit, Service Pack 1, Pre Cracked. I don't update the os but I use Microsoft Security Essential, also Malwarebytes.

Problem 1. Showing message like this "You don't have permission to shutdown or restart your computer" when trying to shutdown from start menu but working from keyboard's power button. I checked online and found this latest bug..
Windows 7 bug prevents users from shutting down or rebooting computers | ZDNet

Problem 2. When i opening a wallpaper from the folder, then if i click next or press keyboard's right arrow keys, or want to close the wallpaper then it's freezing for a minute. Then it's freezing and showing "COM Surrogate not responding"

Problem 3. If i want to select any files from a third party software like "video cutter joiner" then No files or folders showing on windows explorer..

So I had to format the C Drive yesterday and install Windows 10 64 bit Jan 2020 on my Intel duel core, DDR2 motherboard's pc. Thank fully i have 9500GT graphics card so its (nvidia) display driver 64 bit working fine. No use of motherboard cd..

Last edited:
All of your problems that you mentioned were not actually problems. Point here is microsoft wants everyone migrate to Windows 10 (Like you did in your case).

In my view which I guess has some point also is that microsoft acted smart here. It announced that it'll end up support for Windows 7 and it'll get vulnerable to security flaws and virus attacks and then when the deadline crosses people start to encounter some errors like they can't even shut down their system.

Thing that should be noted here is that your all fine pc suddenly act strange and denies to shut down which was working flawless a day ago. How can this be possible? The answer is simple, Microsoft supplied the code through windows updates silently all over the world. When the update was installed the arbitrary code got embedded in the windows with a schedule to work on a specific day that is after the deadline so it'll look like an issue that is occurred due to lack of support.

Many people including me are still find windows 7 more reliable than 10 and are reluctant to shift to a newer environment as they'll have to learn it again the ways the windows has changed it self from 7 to 10.
Microsoft is doing this for stubborn like me to migrate either by hook or crook but not everyone gets in the same trap. 😉

Thank you for reading.
AdhunikAbhi

Many people including me are still find windows 7 more reliable than 10 and are reluctant to shift to a newer environment as they'll have to learn it again the ways the windows has changed it self from 7 to 10.
Welcome to DDF, @AdhunikAbhi! I have to agree that even though Windows 10 is the most secure out there (I upgraded a desktop computer from 8.1 to 10 a few days ago even though my family felt no difference), nothing can match the simplicity of Windows 7 where there is no need for all these app stores and Microsoft accounts.

Welcome to DDF, @AdhunikAbhi! I have to agree that even though Windows 10 is the most secure out there (I upgraded a desktop computer from 8.1 to 10 a few days ago even though my family felt no difference), nothing can match the simplicity of Windows 7 where there is no need for all these app stores and Microsoft accounts.
Point here is even for Microsoft it started to become a tedious job of maintaining lots and lots of updates for multiple versions of windows at the same time. More importantly it's a business company and has to look at the future and hence it decided to drop the support to get stress free from pushing updates for multiple operating systems. Furthermore it was pre decided that Microsoft will provide windows 10 as a service that'll receive updates related to bug fixes and other driver updates but no new major version of Windows will be released anymore. They decided to pursue this approach of windows as a service. However, there was also a rumour that support for Microsoft Security Essentials (Microsoft's own antivirus, which is called Defender in Win10) will also be ended which was cleared by MS that the antivirus will keep on receiving the updates on a regular basis irrespective of windows version you are using.

Differences are there.. between 7-8-10.. but I like the classic experience of windows and because of the same reason I still use Windows XP to relive the past 😬 and I'm still using Windows 7 as a regular OS with no issue at all even after the so called deadline Microsoft declared and don't have any plans to upgrade soon. However there are many reason which might force even a stubborn like to upgrade at the very end which I'll discuss some other time.

Thank you for reading.
AadhunikAbhi

Last edited:
is this genuine or some what like cracked version?
if genuine , how much it cost? and whats your version?(Home or Pro)
I am using a Pre Cracked version of windows 10 Pro from a reputed source I know.

Microsoft Security Essentials (Microsoft's own antivirus,
Yes I was using it when I had 7. Now I am using windows defender. I don't like to use third party antivirus.

it decided to drop the support to get stress free from pushing updates for multiple operating systems.
You are right bro. It's not possible to update multiple operating system. Even they are stop providing support for older version of Windows 10.

Version 1903 - 19H1 - Upto December 2020
Version 1909 - 19H2 - Upto May 2021 (which I have)
Version 2004 - 20H1 - Upto December 2021 (coming soon)

Many people including me are still find windows 7 more reliable than 10 and are reluctant to shift to a newer environment

At 1st week it feels little annoying because you have to customise lot of things like changing privacy settings of history, recent task, disable unnecessary apps, Renaming "This PC" Then it's fine. Not a huge changes. But it is now more secure than Windows 7.

still use Windows XP to relive the pas
Even I was very late to shift from XP to 7. Then It became my favourite Os and better than XP. Now using 10. Not bad actually. But old driver cd might be a problem for 64 bit os.

Okay. Keep coming back.. It was little big to read your post..

Okay. Keep coming back.. It was little big to read your post..

😝 Sorry to make you read such long paragraphs but I like to explain things in a very detailed way which causes my replies to get unexpectedly long. Even I got surprised a bit when I saw the length of my reply after publishing it.😂

There's a geek in me who love anything techy.
You might see me roaming around the forum publishing articles in the name of replies🙈🙈

PC Upgrade:

Recently I upgraded my 10 year old PC little bit..

Installed Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 1909.

Purchased a another 2GB DDR 2 800 Ram (total 4GB)

Purchased a new Seagate 2TB Harddisk 7200RPM (DM008)

Removed all Partition and made a single (whole partition) one for each drive. I have 3 Harddisc.

On C Drive (512GB HDD, 10 years old) I installed only programs like software, games, windows 10 pro. And Defragmented them by using Piriform Defragler.

I keep my files on D and E Drive only. (1 and 2 TB (new)

CPU (Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.70Ghz) was overheating so I used Thermal Paste and cleaned the heatsink.

Replace graphics card's broken fan with a casing fan. I had to remove pci lan card. So purchased a Tp-Link wifi dongle.

Now my PC working butter smooth. No lag. After 5 years I am going to buy fully upgraded PC with latest hardware.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock