India Tour Of West Indies 2023 | News & Updates

So be it.... Get rid of the failed oldies... Enough. We dont have dearth of players to try out. We will get atleast one or two players worth investing for long term. Rather than wait for oldies to retire.
We have no replacement for the oldies. And we are nit winning any ICC tournament soon.

Yashasvi Jaiswal likely to replace Pujara at No. 3

Shami & Siraj may be rested in Tests & will play only ODI to manage workload

Arshdeep Singh & Umran Malik set to be selected (Format unknown)

KS Bharat will be retained in Tests as WK

Samson & Kishan will be WK in ODI & T20

Young T20 Squad with Hardik Pandya as captain

Last edited:

So arshdeep get chance on test after his county stint hooe he will not flop like pujara

Whole three four and one should have been changed. If Jaiswal gets selected, it's unfair for Easwaran and other middle order players from domestic. I hope selectors make a right call. Mukesh Kumar and Arshadeep is certainty. I heard Sunder is fit, select him as well instead of Jadeja.

The selectors are looking to avoid what happened during the 2012-2014 phase, when after the Fab Four retired and it took time to build the core group of batsmen. But the transition will happen post the West Indies series, that too one spot at a time depending on the form of the established batsmen. The next series after the two Tests in West Indies is against South Africa in December. With nearly a five-month gap between the two tours and sans any first-class cricket in the said period, India are planning to stick to the experienced batsmen for the time being.

Cheteshwar Pujara is likely to be retained for the West Indies despite not making an impact during the WTC final. There was a school of thought in the BCCI that he deserved another chance, particularly because of his past performance in challenging conditions in Australia.

With teams preferring to play on result-oriented surfaces, having at least one or two aggressive batsmen is seen as an absolute necessity. Jaiswal at No.3 and Shubman Gill at the top could be what selectors are looking at in the long term. It is learnt Jaiswal’s name will come up for discussion when the selectors meet to pick the Test team for the West Indies series.

We should bring back Hanuma Vihari he played so well on the tour down under I can understand him not playing in home conditions but in foreign tours I think he should be someone our team needs to look at

Official Confirmation From JioCinema...👏❤️🔥

India tour of West Indies - live on JioCinema for free.
hVWP7id.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock