India Tour Of West Indies 2023 | News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Naimish555
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 543
  • Views Views: Views 45,080
We need variation. Left handed seamer was never right choice. But Unadkat was never in contention. Arshadeep should have been. But I don't know why Unadkat has been picked. These both were not in contention before. But Umran Malik has not progressed well in terms of length and Prasidh Krishna is injured. So these choices. Anyways, WC23 is in India so spinner will dominate. Selectors just have to make one choice between Chahal and Yadav. That's tough one. But let's see. I will pick Sunder over them both anyday.
Unlike T-20 wicket taking is also required in ODI.Sundar is a defensive bowler,playing with him is like playing with Axar Patel in test matches on proper pitches.You know that Axar won't get wicket unless it is dusty bowl or the batsman misses his non turning spinners.

BTW... Who are the 5 selectors of BCCI?? Freaking we don't have a chief selector and are expecting this team to win tournaments.

Jaiswal has scored enough runs in first class cricket. Ruturaj is picked on identifying length of the ball early which is Rohit's forte. Ruturaj has been back up for him as Rahul is past his prime. It's been decided that Rahul, Rohit, Kohli won't get picked up after WC23. Kohli has been selected just for good transition of Gill and Pant who will lead Indian team in this decade. So he will play next WTC cycle.
It's good that you've a long term vision but don't expect BCCI to have such long term vision for the team. They're short sighted and pick teams purely on vibes and recency bias

cqLo99Y.png

It's good that you've a long term vision but don't expect BCCI to have such long term vision for the team. They're short sighted and pick teams purely on vibes and recency bias
BCCI needs to have long term vision. Otherwise we won't even one WC in next seven years mark my words. Without new players and coach, I don't think we will win next WTC. WC23 needs total miracle from Sky and Pandya. I don't think any other capable of pulling off this miracle.

In tests, Rohit will retire after WC23. So Easwaran and Jaiswal should get chance at the top of the order. I still think after WC23, Rahane should be made captain for an year for smooth transition.
Easwaran
Gaikwad
Jaiswal
Gill
Rahane(After Rahane hangs up, new player can come in, may be Sai Sudarshan or Tilak Verma).
Pant(Till Pant gets fit, current keeper can continue)
Sunder
Axar
Shami/Prasidh
Bumrah/Saini
Siraj

I chose current players on the basis of current form. I still feel Sarfaraz needs to work on lot of things. Gaikwad is same replacement as that of Sehwag or Rohit sharma. Rohit sharma was at peak between 2015-2019. He should have been opener in that period in tests as well. He might have scored lot of runs. His time is over now. So Gaikwad is his replacement.
Jaiswal ideal at three, even though I am not writing off Pujara yet. Kohli not finished yet, but his success has gone into head has lead to his downfall. He was never a good captaincy material. Ravi Shastri+Bharat Arun made our Test team good one and now they are gone, everything is out of place. Arrival of dravid has made things worse. Dravid/Laxman can be good at NCA level only. I don't think they will be good coach ever.

Back
Top Bottom