Seeking Help How to activate JioTv+

Do you mean,

1) How to set up the STB?

or

2) How to activate the Jio TV+ App after the STB is set up?

Giving more context to your questions always do help :)

While playing some movies or live channels, JioTv+ asking me for JioFiber service no. (12 digits) to get OTP or Jio id with password. Tried many ways but not working for me. Don't know how it will work. Some help from any other user will be appreciated.

Last edited:
I am yet to completely setup my STB. But it should work alright -- at least in theory -- if you do the initial setup using Jio Fiber's internet (using Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable).

1. Did you use Jio Fiber (and NOT any other network) when you connected your STB to the internet for the first time?
2. If yes, were you subscribed to a Jio Fiber plan at that time?

If your answer to any of these two questions is no, then please do a Factory Reset of the STB and try connecting it to a Jio Fiber connection with an active Subscription Plan (at least monthly) during the initial setup.

Also, let me know a few movies/live channels that are asking you to enter your Jio credentials. I will check them out tomorrow and let you know what I see.

Last edited:
I am yet to completely setup my STB. But it should work alright -- at least in theory -- if you do the initial setup using Jio Fiber's internet (using Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable).

1. Did you use Jio Fiber (and NOT any other network) when you connected your STB to the internet for the first time?
2. If yes, were you subscribed to a Jio Fiber plan at that time?

If your answer to any of these two questions is no, then please do a Factory Reset of the STB and try connecting it to a Jio Fiber connection with an active Subscription Plan (at least monthly) during the initial setup.

Also, let me know a few movies/live channels that are asking you to enter your Jio credentials. I will check them out tomorrow and let you know what I see.

Don't know exactly why it is asking. Currently using WiFi through Hotspot (neither with Jio Fiber wifi nor with ethernet).
Didn't noticed when I was using the network through ethernet cable. Will check the same again through it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Don't know exactly why it is asking. Currently using WiFi through Hotspot (neither with Jio Fiber wifi nor with ethernet).
Didn't noticed when I was using the network through ethernet cable. Will check the same again through it tomorrow.

Okay.

One more thing. From what I read elsewhere, the Jio TV+ App itself does not have any content on its own. It is just an aggregator app. Meaning, it just aggregates (groups together) the contents from the rest of the apps in the STB and displays it under one app.

So, the reason why you could be asked for your Jio credentials when trying to watch a particular movie or live channel, could be that:

1) You probably do not have a bundled subscription (as part of your Jio Fiber Plan) to the original app from which Jio TV+ is pulling the specific content (movie or live channel) from.

2) You might have not accessed the original app from which Jio TV+ is pulling the content from -- even once.
Hence, a preestablished connection between the Jio TV+ App and that particular app might not have existed until before you accessed that app's content directly via Jio TV+. And so, Jio TV+ might be trying to make that connection now, for the first time.

Suggestion:

Before accessing Jio TV+, do the following:

1) First access all the other apps in the STB, individually.
2) Once you are inside each app, make sure you are logged in to that app, using either your Jio credentials or your mobile/email.
3) Open Jio TV+ as the last app.
4) Things should hopefully work now.

Note: If you are not able to watch a movie or a live channel in an original app due to lack of bundled subscription, you probably will not be able to watch "Premium Content" belonging to that app when you access it via Jio TV+ either.

Did You Login With The Same Registered Mail ID?

If Yes! You Unlikely Get Any Issues

Yes I have given a registered mail id while purchasing but it is also asking me for the password, what it can be, no idea

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock