Breaking GST: LPG cylinder to cost Rs.32 more ..

• Thread starter Sai Jai
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 35
  • Views: Views 6,210
The GST rollout and the reduction in subsidy will see your cooking gas (LPG) cylinder getting costlier. The cooking gas will get costlier by Rs 32. Moreover consumers will also have to pay more for the two year mandatory inspection, installation,administrative charges for documentation for new connections and additional cylinders as these have been put in the 18% slab under GST.

10-1425982955-lpg-cylinders.jpg

The reduction in subsidy amount from June will also impact consumers. For instance the subsidy amount in Agra has been reduced from Rs 119.85 to Rs 107. The reduction in subsidy and the GST has ensured that the cost of the cylinder has gone up by Rs 32.

Seems TN might be most hit due to hotels got 18% GST (hotels shut on 30 may) % Theaters 28% (All TN theaters now closed indefinitely).

Last edited:
One cant get increment of 18 to 28 percent in his/her salary every year!! Its too much tax on the names of GST..
For everything we have to pay taxes and most of the daily use items fall under 18 or 28 percent ..
Most of the people use mobile, internet and dth services.. All fall under 18% tax..
It should bring down to flat 10%..

Last edited:
is your total cost including of carrying cost(if any) then how much the original price.
My 578 is incl of 20/- carrying cost.
so original price is 558/- and Subsidy is 80/- only.

My LPG is from Indane. Here Rs 585 is the amount written on receipt but the delivery boy take another Rs 20. So total paid Rs 605. LPG Connection is at my village which is 200 Km away from Kolkata in Nadia district, may be that's why price is higher than kolkata.

here I am going to describe in detail:
My Refill Booking History :(from April to July), May be its helpful...

April- 714/-(I paid) ; 279.50/-(I get) so net price = 434.50/-

The price which I paid is incl. 0% VAT.

May:- 622/-(I paid) ; 179.23/-(I get) so net price= 442.77/-

The price which I paid is incl. 0% VAT.

July- 558/-(I paid) 80/-(I get) so net price 478/-

This 558/- is incl. of CGST @2.5%, SGST/[email protected]%

so if GST was not there then actual price would be (558-27.54)= 530.95/-

so if we compare net prices of July and may, Actually there is a rise of almost (478-442)=36/- due to GST.

Last edited:
Food items which everyone uses has gone 11% cheaper

GST Impact: Mobile Phones Get Costlier, Kitchen Bill Gets 11 Percent Cheaper; Full List of Revised Prices After Goods and Services Tax

Congress wanted to include Petroleum products in GST but no states support it so they failed to pass GST law. BJP bypass it and makes a provision that GST council will decide after 5 years what will happen with petroleum products so that all states support it and can be passed in all 31 states assembly

But the true fact is food items got increased. For example I bought 2 samosas for 20 Rs but I paid 4 Rs extra as tax. Why they implement GST on small shops also. If asked they are telling they need to submit bill to government...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock