Breaking GST: LPG cylinder to cost Rs.32 more ..

• Thread starter Sai Jai
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 35
  • Views: Views 6,138

Sai Jai

Reaction score
The GST rollout and the reduction in subsidy will see your cooking gas (LPG) cylinder getting costlier. The cooking gas will get costlier by Rs 32. Moreover consumers will also have to pay more for the two year mandatory inspection, installation,administrative charges for documentation for new connections and additional cylinders as these have been put in the 18% slab under GST.

10-1425982955-lpg-cylinders.jpg

LPG has been put in the 5% GST slab. Earlier, most states such as Delhi did not tax the green fuel, while some levied VAT ranging between 2% and 4%. Following the GST rollout, LPG cost will rise between Rs 12 to 15 in all states that did not tax the fuel.

The reduction in subsidy amount from June will also impact consumers. For instance the subsidy amount in Agra has been reduced from Rs 119.85 to Rs 107. The reduction in subsidy and the GST has ensured that the cost of the cylinder has gone up by Rs 32.

The cost of the commercial cylinder has however been brought down by Rs 69 owing to GST. Earlier, LPG for commercial use attracted 22.5% tax, including 8% excise duty and 14.5% VAT, but after the introduction of GST, they will have only 18% tax on them. The cost of such cylinders was Rs 1,121 each earlier and will now be Rs 1,052.

GST: LPG cylinder to cost Rs 32 more - Oneindia

Guys, lots of other things will get cheaper too. Don't worry. Overall you won't be paying more than before (Maybe you will pay lesser in upcoming time). Unless you use sin goods & premium goods, there is no issue.

Guys, lots of other things will get cheaper too. Don't worry. Overall you won't be paying more than before (Maybe you will pay lesser in upcoming time). Unless you use sin goods & premium goods, there is no issue.
What pay less?
Why petrol & diesel out of gst?
Clothes price now increase

What pay less?
Why petrol & diesel out of gst?
Clothes price now increase

Food items which everyone uses has gone 11% cheaper

GST Impact: Mobile Phones Get Costlier, Kitchen Bill Gets 11 Percent Cheaper; Full List of Revised Prices After Goods and Services Tax

Congress wanted to include Petroleum products in GST but no states support it so they failed to pass GST law. BJP bypass it and makes a provision that GST council will decide after 5 years what will happen with petroleum products so that all states support it and can be passed in all 31 states assembly

Tax....tax...tax
Need another chanakya for argument with government.
This is india not a USA.
Many poor peoples not ables to pay more.
And then we complaint that "Is desh ka kuch nahi ho sakta".
We all want everything to change; want world class facilities, high speed net, smooth roads and what not.. when a govt did nothing for this country, then it was okay. They were looting endlessly but what bothers us.. they did nice. And when a govt is actually doing something, we cannot bear it.
I am not blindly supporting any party or person but i can see the difference.
And its not that with GST, everything have become expensive. Please have some patience.. Our country is in reconstruction mode amd it will take some time and pain to repair the damages done by Congress in the past.

Last edited:
It seems subsidy amount is reduced to half. I took lpg on 29th June @585 and got subsidy of Rs 132
is your total cost including of carrying cost(if any) then how much the original price.
My 578 is incl of 20/- carrying cost.
so original price is 558/- and Subsidy is 80/- only.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock