GST (Goods & Services Tax) Related Discussions

Anish bro stop political discussion.
Since the topic has been arised, i think its a fair thing to clarify him the downsides if there is any. Though it should be in a constructive manner instead of being rude towards him due to mismatch of opinions.

I also dont want to discuss, but what options u have apart from BJP ??? None
Have to agree. Other than BJP there is hardly any National party which can manage India in people friendly way.

No offense. That is based on my personal opinion.
I'm having some responsibility here though don't want to create any political fights here .. if u want Google it & get else leave it
We are here to moderate bro till things goes out of control. You can explain him in a calm and cool way by representing those drawbacks of BJP Govt. There might be one or two but if you count that then Cong. will have more than that.

By the way, even moon has spots.

Anyways, i am not in favour of any party. They are not the ones who are going to feed me. I won't be getting anything without hard work and i do understand that. But i just want a better and developed India rather than good and developing India. So is what you want i feel. :)

This's my 1st gst bill & shocking for Rs.215 bill amount Rs.39 is gst tax :confused

FRxAZcu.jpg
service charge @18%
so 39/- is GST TAX.
I want to know is there any price difference pre GST and POST GST for those 3 food item?(Excluding tax)

This's my 1st gst bill & shocking for Rs.215 bill amount Rs.39 is gst tax :confused

FRxAZcu.jpg
Dont get shocked so soon, there is a lot to come if you are living in TN as when taxing power was with TN it subsidised on almost everything that people considered important.

The tax before GST was at 2% in the name of VAT (only in TN) and most hotels included the tax within the product so mostly you wont see the tax on your bill, but even if its mentioned it would be just 2%, but now after GST its 18% (they say for non-AC hotels its 12% but im yet to find such non-AC hotels in Chennai, somehow they have an AC and the GST is 18%).

If your hotel bill is Rs 500 then your GST is Rs 90 which is equal to a standard meal at the famous Saravana Bhavan.

Last edited:
service charge @18%
so 39/- is GST TAX.
I want to know is there any price difference pre GST and POST GST for those 3 food item?(Excluding tax)

No, only 2% VAT (in other states it may vary) at most hotels and post-GST its 18% GST. So its a whole 16% increase in tax post GST. No change in food items cost post GST.

Last edited:
No, only 2% VAT (in other states it may vary) at most hotels and post-GST its 18% GST. So its a whole 16% increase in tax post GST. No change in food items cost post GST.
That was actually very low! Here in my state vat on restaurants was 5% and service tax was 6%.so effectively it was 11%.

what is the GST rate for telephone bill..
this month bill came with 18% GST (CGST 9% + SGST 9%)
till last month it was 14%

what is the GST rate for telephone bill..
this month bill came with 18% GST (CGST 9% + SGST 9%)
till last month it was 14%
Last month billing was for June Month so Service Tax @14%. So this month billing is for July so GST @18% :k

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock