Google Pay India - News & Updates

Indane Refill Booking Payment Now Available on Google Pay

re1E9n2.jpg

Last edited:
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has told the Delhi High Court that Google Pay is a third party app provider (TPAP) and does not operate any payment systems.

Any payment related issues or frauds emanating due to Google pay will be outside the purview of RBI.

Google Pay not a payment system operator: RBI to Delhi HC

The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has told the Delhi High Court that Google Pay is a third party app provider (TPAP) and does not operate any payment systems.

Any payment related issues or frauds emanating due to Google pay will be outside the purview of RBI.

Google Pay not a payment system operator: RBI to Delhi HC
Yeah, they said this themselves as posted in my other thread Beware of using Google Pay For Money Transfers

He said, Google Pay currently does not handle anything from their end, they are just using NPCI's UPI technology as a facilitator to process the money transfers. And they don't even seem to set any time period after which the transaction times out and comes to failed status. They just keep waiting for response from the sender/receiver bank. So, if any transaction is stuck, we will be in a soup and need to struggle to get our money back. This is absolutely ridiculous. I strongly recommend not to use Google Pay for doing any money transfer above 1000 (Basically for any amount you can't wait to get back in case of a failed transaction). If you still use it, use it at your own risk.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock