Goods & Services Tax (GST): What became dearer and cheaper

Oh god if ₹100 is made highest denomination, politicians would need containers to transport money during 2019 elections :rolleyes:

There will be lot of demand for transport trucks :)

Was just thinking if politicians also will use digital payments to buy voters like Paytm or BHIM :huh:

:LOL:

:cheers: :cheers:

Taxmen grilling eateries about menu prices before & after GST cut

• Eateries such as McDonald’s have got queries from tax officials seeking details of menu prices before and after GST rate cuts
  • The move follows reports of some food chains raising base prices of items after GST on restaurants was slashed
Leading fast-food chains such as McDonald's have got queries from tax officials seeking details about menu prices before and after GST rate cuts on November 15. The move follows reports of some food chains raising prices. The government is keen to ensure the benefit of GST reduction is passed on to consumers.

Also, a flat 5 per cent slab was imposed on takeaways and deliveries. Soon after GST reduction, many restaurants raised menu prices, citing withdrawal of credit for taxes paid on raw material and rent as the reason for 'price adjustments.' Brands such as Starbucks and McDonald's had hiked base price of some products. GST on 178 goods was lowered to 18 per cent from 28 per cent as part of rationalisation approved by the GST Council.

A Jubilant FoodWorks spokesperson said the GST cuts had been reflected in its prices. "Jubilant FoodWorks has passed on benefits of GST reduction to all our customers of both Domino's Pizza and Dunkin' Donuts," the person said. "Since denial of input tax credit has led to increase in the input cost, we have adjusted prices of a few items to only partially cover this increased cost. However, our customers will now witness a significant reduction in effective prices immediately."

Taxmen grilling eateries about menu prices before & after GST cut - Times of India

(left)My McDonald bill before GST reduction. (right) I added the same items in cart for comparison.
Rc0qnhY.jpg

Also, a flat 5 per cent slab was imposed on takeaways and deliveries
And yes, they even increased the delivery charge to keep the total price same. :biggrin:

Everybody was thinking that gst and demonetisation would decrease the price of real estate but recently i asked price from builder in patna and the price has now reached 9800000 which was earlier 4500000 to 6000000.It has now become beyond the dream of middle class people.I think demonetisation had a worst effect not good effect on real estate as people having old black money that time bought it thus increased the price of real estate.Now coming to gst gst is really not implemented correctly as the profit that should come to people is going to the seller.sorry for writing long but it is the frustration of middle people struggling to build their home and last i neither support any party nor oppose any party as i know they all are friend in real but shows to people that they are enemy:sad:

They Should reduce the tax slab for dth and cable TV also. 18 percent is too high, it should be either 5 percent or 12 percent..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock