Discussion General Football Discussions, News & Updates

Lionel messi not retire
He continues....

Squad for curacao and panama

tUwgWBp.jpg

Yes but psg have habit of sacking
Also sad to see inspite of having ramos and messi same time on ground in absence of marquinhos mbbape got captain armband
Mbappe literally runs the team as part of his new contract.Galtier is a defensive coach who plays counter attacking football with his previous team Lillie.He was bought in as part of PSG effort to rein in their superstars as he was considered tough and a no nonsense guy.As I have said PSG will not win CL as long as they do not change mentality of their players.

A beloved soccer program that has been a mainstay on British television since the 1960s has been thrown into turmoil after the BBC suspended the program’s host, the former English soccer star Gary Lineker, over comments that he made criticizing the Conservative government’s immigration policy.

By Saturday, the decision to remove Mr. Lineker from the program, “Match of the Day,” had sparked a boycott drew in not only his co-hosts, but also their potential replacements, related play-by-play commentators, and even players and coaches from the Premier League, which told the 12 teams set to play on Saturday that they would not receive interview requests — possibly to spare the broadcaster the indignity of having them rejected.

A beloved soccer program that has been a mainstay on British television since the 1960s has been thrown into turmoil after the BBC suspended the program’s host, the former English soccer star Gary Lineker, over comments that he made criticizing the Conservative government’s immigration policy.

By Saturday, the decision to remove Mr. Lineker from the program, “Match of the Day,” had sparked a boycott drew in not only his co-hosts, but also their potential replacements, related play-by-play commentators, and even players and coaches from the Premier League, which told the 12 teams set to play on Saturday that they would not receive interview requests — possibly to spare the broadcaster the indignity of having them rejected.

Not that I like BBC but Lineker’s choice of words was not appropriate.This is not the 1st time he has criticised government .He is left leaning and so are majority of the footballers atleast on outside.The reason is very simple,they earn millions of pounds/euros every week and do not want to sound alienated from public to avoid criticism.Lineker is highest paid MOTD pundit and is possibly one of the best anchors in football.However,I wonder how much of his wealth which he earned as a footballer and a pundit has been contributed towards humanitarian causes .

Not that I like BBC but Lineker’s choice of words was not appropriate.This is not the 1st time he has criticised government .He is left leaning and so are majority of the footballers atleast on outside.The reason is very simple,they earn millions of pounds/euros every week and do not want to sound alienated from public to avoid criticism.Lineker is highest paid MOTD pundit and is possibly one of the best anchors in football.However,I wonder how much of his wealth which he earned as a footballer and a pundit has been contributed towards humanitarian causes .
That same logic applies to immigrant's children making hard time for other immigrants.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock