Retail store chains - Discussions, news, updates

Star NXT

Reaction score
There are several retail store types. Main ones are:

1. Department store - large store with several departments like clothing, electronics.
2. Supermarkets - large grocery store focusing on food items
3. Convenience store - small grocery store selling mainly food, toiletries, non-prescription medicines etc.
4. Hypermarket (combines department store and supermarket)

This thread is for major chains of retail stores in India.

The largest retail chain in my district (Alappuzha, Kerala) seems to be More Supermarkets.

4Zl2atn.png

Last edited:
Has 7-eleven opened a store in Vikhroli?

Website says that there are two stores now: Andheri and Vikhroli

1aZTy3I.png

24seven claims to be "India’s first and only twenty-four hours convenience store chain with more than 100 stores".

But most of their stores in Hyderabad are not 24/7 :ROFLMAO:

Bhai log... What's up with smart bazaar(aquired from Future group biyani).Its always empty. No customers seems to like the experience of it. Asking the store manager he himself says he's looking for opportunities in other retail firms.
Does Ambani really care about retail business. Big bazaar was better before, until greed got him.

The largest retail chain in my district (Alappuzha, Kerala) seems to be More Supermarkets.

4Zl2atn.png
Only 3-4 more supermarkets are present on your district rest of the branches are in Kottayam, Pathanamthitta, Kollam districts

Only 3-4 more supermarkets are present on your district rest of the branches are in Kottayam, Pathanamthitta, Kollam districts
Central Travancore would be the right term I guess.

The number is pretty large compared to other chains. In some towns there are two or three Mores within walking distance.

Bhai log... What's up with smart bazaar(aquired from Future group biyani).Its always empty. No customers seems to like the experience of it. Asking the store manager he himself says he's looking for opportunities in other retail firms.
Does Ambani really care about retail business. Big bazaar was better before, until greed got him.
Yes. Reliance grocery stores are pretty bad. Prices are not displayed on shelves. More Supermarkets have prices nicely displayed infront of each slot on the shelves.

Reliance Trends (clothing retail) is pretty good though.

Btw, what happened to Future Group? Most of their websites are down.

Yes. Reliance grocery stores are pretty bad. Prices are not displayed on shelves. More Supermarkets have prices nicely displayed infront of each slot on the shelves.

Reliance Trends (clothing retail) is pretty good though.

Btw, what happened to Future Group? Most of their websites are down.
He got into debt after launching his Big Bazaar Next supermarket chain courtesy his daughter. Ambani saw it as an opportunity and grabbed it. I think even amazon was in fray and legal battle is still going on.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock