General Discussions about Vi (Vodafone Idea)

Yes, it has messed up. but I dont know what it is meaning exactly.
My earlier plan Rs 399 is 3GB/day so I should keep getting that until its expiry. But I have recharged another Rs 299 plan. 8 days in advance.
So now, my Vi App shows 1GB/day and daily data balance shows as if I am getting only 1GB/day (instead of the active 3GB/day plan).
Validity has been properly increased, i.e. it increased by 28 days from the date of expiry of current Rs 399 plan.

What does this mean? Am I still on my old Rs 399 plan or not?
Not .. DOT

Not .. DOT
Damn. So I am getting Rs 299 plan technically for 36 days (28 days validity + 8 days previous pack validity) ?
Why this foolishness? Why doesnt the Rs 399 plan with 3GB/day stay on till 8 more days? :-(

Damn. So I am getting Rs 299 plan technically for 36 days (28 days validity + 8 days previous pack validity) ?
Why this foolishness? Why doesnt the Rs 399 plan with 3GB/day stay on till 8 more days? :-(
Well that's Avi for a reason unfortunately

You should be thank ful that they extended at least the validity. Vi for a reason :)

Try escalating via Twitter. I don't expect that they'll resolve but give a try.

You should be thank ful that they extended at least the validity. Vi for a reason :)

Try escalating via Twitter. I don't expect that they'll resolve but give a try.
Thanks for ur help guys.
Rs 399 plan is valid till 15-Jan.
Rs 299 recharge (validity 28 days) was done on 08-Jan.

My service validity is now showing as 12-Feb (so it calculated 15-Jan + 28 days).

However, like I said, I am seeing benefits of Rs 299 plan in Vi App effective immediately (from 08-Jan, instead of the plan queueing up later).

My question is, will the Rs 299 plan last for 28 days from 08-Jan and will expire on 04-Feb? Or will it stay on till 12-Feb as being shown by the Vi App now.

This may be a loophole then.
Lets say if I recharge Rs 1,799 which gives truly unlimited calls and 24GB total data, valid 365 days.
Now, on top of that I do Rs 199 which gives truly unlimited calls and 1GB/day, valid 18 days.

Going by what happened with me, then in this case what would happen is:
Total validity will extend to 365 + 18 = 383 days
Rs 199 plan will kick in immediately and I will keep getting 1GB/day for next ~383 days
Total cost is Rs 1,799 + Rs 199 = Rs 1,998 for 383 days (equates to about Rs 1,904 for a year).

The closest 365 day plan is priced Rs 2,899 with 1.5GB/day. So by doing the above trick we may save approx Rs 995 for a year.

Only if the trick works, though. Even Vi wont know what will happen if I do a Rs 1,799 and a Rs 199 recharge.

This may be a loophole then.
Lets say if I recharge Rs 1,799 which gives truly unlimited calls and 24GB total data, valid 365 days.
Now, on top of that I do Rs 199 which gives truly unlimited calls and 1GB/day, valid 18 days.

Going by what happened with me, then in this case what would happen is:
Total validity will extend to 365 + 18 = 383 days
Rs 199 plan will kick in immediately and I will keep getting 1GB/day for next ~383 days
Total cost is Rs 1,799 + Rs 199 = Rs 1,998 for 383 days (equates to about Rs 1,904 for a year).

The closest 365 day plan is priced Rs 2,899 with 1.5GB/day. So by doing the above trick we may save approx Rs 995 for a year.

Only if the trick works, though. Even Vi wont know what will happen if I do a Rs 1,799 and a Rs 199 recharge.
In that case Vi will ensure the customer is at loss by activating 199 immediately and kicking the yearly plan out. They're smart when it comes to looting customer's money 🤑

In that case Vi will ensure the customer is at loss by activating 199 immediately and kicking the yearly plan out. They're smart when it comes to looting customer's money 🤑
Yes, I think plan "queuing" or "stacking" is not allowed in Yearly Plans I think. However, it remains a mystery that if service validity is already 1 year (due to Rs 1,799 plan) and then I recharge Rs 199, how will it reduce back to just 18 days?

I still think it will not. It will be 365 days + 18 days. But which plan will stay active for how long will remain a mystery.

Yes, I think plan "queuing" or "stacking" is not allowed in Yearly Plans I think. However, it remains a mystery that if service validity is already 1 year (due to Rs 1,799 plan) and then I recharge Rs 199, how will it reduce back to just 18 days?

I still think it will not. It will be 365 days + 18 days. But which plan will stay active for how long will remain a mystery.
Well instead of Vi they should change the name as Ci (Collapse i) 🤣😝

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock