General Discussions about Vi (Vodafone Idea)

Vi still has potential to be the number 3 player. There market share is too big too ignore.
Vi+BSNL will be potent 3rd player. BSNL has spectrum unused plus infrastructure which can be used by Vi for expanding 4G coverage and providing nationwide broadband to compete with Jio and Airtel. BSNL has liberised spectrum in band 8/1/41 which Vi is also having. So it's not tough to deploy. It will take just six months to deploy BSNL spectrum and hence both will get boosted with this merger. How to do it,is different perspective for DoT and Modi government. But Modi should do it in order to keep his government for third term and to put India into front position. Imagine a circle with 20Mhz in band 8+20-30Mhz in band 1+40Mhz in band 41. Crazy superior network in top circles of Vi.

Vi still has potential to be the number 3 player. There market share is too big too ignore.
Yes... That's what people said when they had more than 40 crore subscribers during Sep2018.
Merge BSNL with Vodafone, and remove top management of BSNL, let customer served by Vodafone. Both may survive and offer quality service.
Imagine the opposite as well... Voda stores governed by BABUs asking people to come after Lunch time for SIM change. Jokes apart, it is NOT the top management of BSNL having issues. Lack of responsibility is there in all sections of BSNL, especially the bottom part of pyramid.
Vi+BSNL will be potent 3rd player. BSNL has spectrum unused plus infrastructure which can be used by Vi for expanding 4G coverage and providing nationwide broadband to compete with Jio and Airtel. BSNL has liberised spectrum in band 8/1/41 which Vi is also having. So it's not tough to deploy. It will take just six months to deploy BSNL spectrum and hence both will get boosted with this merger. How to do it,is different perspective for DoT and Modi government. But Modi should do it in order to keep his government for third term and to put India into front position. Imagine a circle with 20Mhz in band 8+20-30Mhz in band 1+40Mhz in band 41. Crazy superior network in top circles of Vi.
Nikhil, this is exactly the same great dreams people had when both Voda and Idea merged.. Sadly, No amount of spectrum will save mis-management.. Voda has 5MHz of Band 8 in Orissa circle for many years, even before merger with Idea. But what is the condition of VoId in Orissa now?

BSNL had great chance to provide fiber all over India, before Jio's entry. But what they have done till now ? Now the most ftth is provided & serviced by LCO only. With so soo many staff even after VRS (comparing pvt players), they need outsiders to provide decent service. They are just busy in injecting stupid ads for non-https requests. The person who gave this super idea has to be literally :knife2:.

Both these guys are having loads of Band 41 for years. What they have done till now with that, except in Big Cities ?

One small request Mr.Nikhil, there are few threads dedicated for Political discussions (which I avoid like plague). Kindly do not bring Politics in pure telecom related discussions.

--

Another important thing people forget is the dues and Vitamin M...

One small request Mr.Nikhil, there are few threads dedicated for Political discussions (which I avoid like plague). Kindly do not bring Politics in pure telecom related discussion
But that's truth right? One free year of internet services didn't break the sector according to you and for four years we were having rock bottom tariffs. The tariffs even today are not upto the mark as well,so we are not getting world class services as well. It resulted into many job losses as well. We need good tariffs so that these companies can invest again in networks to give good services. But that's not happening till now for five odd years.

Last edited:
Nikhil, this is exactly the same great dreams people had when both Voda and Idea merged.. Sadly, No amount of spectrum will save mis-management.. Voda has 5MHz of Band 8 in Orissa circle for many years, even before merger with Idea. But what is the condition of VoId in Orissa now?
They have to go through toughest part integration. For a nation like India, it's even tougher. I hope you know what is meant by integration of two networks. If Airtel would have gone through this,they would have died by now. But they didn't go through this. They just bought spectrum from another companies and they deployed it. Espcially band 40. It took them three years to deploy band 40 without integration phase and still it has lots of issues even after two years of deployment of same band. Give Vi time and it will bounce back. I am sure it will. Considering last one year or so,I have seen network getting improved by leaps and bounds. You will feel at your place too very soon. I don't know about VoLTE issues though. For band 8, it was used for 2G purposes earlier. Airtel took three years to deploy band 8 for 4G in my city. In another city, where there is hardware upgrade,not even 5% of the sites are covered. In same city, band 40 is hardware upgrade since March 2021 after auction. It is yet to be seen since last nine months. This is network upgradtion takes time. TMobile took whole two years to deploy band 41 for 5G(It was used for 4G earlier). It's not even completed till now in all cities. Forget rural areas. Then don't even expect Vi to do all this stuff at a faster pace with such low revenues.

BSNL had great chance to provide fiber all over India, before Jio's entry. But what they have done till now ? Now the most ftth is provided & serviced by LCO only. With so soo many staff even after VRS (comparing pvt players), they need outsiders to provide decent service.
Yes. They did have chance. But that's past. By merging both entities, all issues can be resolved in a single year. Trust me. Give all infrastructure and assets to Vi and they will deploy everything. They have expertise and management to do it. Rest of the employees in BSNL+MTNL can be given VRS just like rest of the employees. Just one and half year and you will see competition between all three telcos in all three departaments(Mobile services+ ftth + OTT). You already saw Weekend rollover schemes and night unlimited data from Vi. It never came from Airtel. So have some positive view about Vi.

Both these guys are having loads of Band 41 for years. What they have done till now with that, except in Big Cities ?
As I told you,they went through integration phase which was huge work. They carried out that and after that they started deploying band 41(I am talking about Vi,not BSNL and I think PSUs should not be there in this sector anymore). I am happy to say that I can see the huge difference before and after deployment of band 41(also after integration). And I can happily say that Vi has done it faster than Airtel. Some rural areas might not need it. I visit rural area for my work and all bands are deployed at my site and even 2CA-3CA.

I hope you know what is meant by integration of two networks.
Sorry sir.. I don't know that. Only experts like you know everything..

All I know is, how to use multi-quote properly and NOT spam a good forum...
If Airtel would have gone through this,they would have died by now.
OH MY GOD... :eek:
I don't know about VoLTE issues though.
Great escape.. You can't see the big elephant in the room ? My relatives who earlier had Corp Postpaid connections in VoId has lost VoLte from Oct and moved to Jio. No use in complaining reg VoLTE.
Just one and half year and you will see competition between all three telcos in all three departaments(Mobile services+ ftth + OTT)
But bro, Jio and Airtel will NOT be siting Idle during that 1.5 years... Reg TRUE competition, VoId used to and still follow foot steps of Airtel like the Hutch dog and they are bhai-bhai and never compete, all they did / doing till now is cartelisation.
You already saw Weekend rollover schemes and night unlimited data from Vi. It never came from Airtel.
May be because VoId have to stop the people moving away from their network and Airtel / Jio do NOT have that necessity.
Trust me. Give all infrastructure and assets to Vi and they will deploy everything.
Yeah, Give all the infra and assets to Jio, they will deploy faster and much much better. But what is the point ?
They have expertise and management to do it.
You mean the same management, who said "We will never pour single paisa in VoId" in 2019 and stood by their words till now?
I visit rural area for my work and all bands are deployed at my site and even 2CA-3CA.
I need not visit rural areas for my work. But even in cities (here in TN), 4G indoor coverage (not even talking about speed) of VoId is very very bad (incl my Office). Outside the cities, there are many blank spot (wrt 4G, eg:- StateHighway route Srivi to RJPM) and network jumps to 3G.
I think PSUs should not be there in this sector anymore
:oops: You mean even less competition? The relief package given to VoId was only to avoid lesser competition in the first place.
Then don't even expect Vi to do all this stuff at a faster pace with such low revenues.
Sir ji... There is no rule forcing Telcos to ONLY use the revenue for investing in network. Promoters can infuse money, If promoters show confidence, then many Investors will pour in their money. But no.. Here VoId promoters themselves have zero confidence. If and only if VoId promoters have even ONE PERCENTAGE of the confidence YOU have on VoId, the game will be different.
So have some positive view about Vi.
Yes.. Kindly tell this to the Promoters of VoId...

Last edited:
Sorry sir.. I don't know that. Only experts like you know everything..

All I know is, how to use multi-quote properly and NOT spam a good forum...

OH MY GOD... :eek:

Great escape.. You can't see the big elephant in the room ? My relatives who earlier had Corp Postpaid connections in VoId has lost VoLte from Oct and moved to Jio. No use in complaining reg VoLTE.

But bro, Jio and Airtel will NOT be siting Idle during that 1.5 years... Reg TRUE competition, VoId used to and still follow foot steps of Airtel like the Hutch dog and they are bhai-bhai and never compete, all they did / doing till now is cartelisation.

May be because VoId have to stop the people moving away from their network and Airtel / Jio do NOT have that necessity.

Yeah, Give all the infra and assets to Jio, they will deploy faster and much much better. But what is the point ?

You mean the same management, who said "We will never pour single paisa in VoId" in 2019 and stood by their words till now?

I need not visit rural areas for my work. But even in cities (here in TN), 4G indoor coverage (not even talking about speed) of VoId is very very bad (incl my Office). Outside the cities, there are many blank spot (wrt 4G, eg:- StateHighway route Srivi to RJPM) and network jumps to 3G. If you have

:oops: You mean even less competition? The relief package given to VoId was only to avoid lesser competition in the first place.

Sir ji... There is no rule forcing Telcos to ONLY use the revenue for investing in network. Promoters can infuse money, If promoters show confidence, then many Investors will pour in their money. But no.. Here VoId promoters themselves have zero confidence. If and only if VoId promoters have even ONE PERCENTAGE of the confidence YOU have on VoId, the game will be different.

Yes.. Kindly tell this to the Promoters of VoId...
I expected this reply. In all cities of Tamil Nadu I visited last year, Vi was excellent and even though speeds were capped, 1+3 was excellent. I didn't latch on to 3G even once. I recently visited Pondicherry/Kodaikanal for a short trip and experience was excellent. Used devices, Mi10i/Mi11X/Moto G40 Fusion/A52s. Whereas my other sim was Airtel and it has lots of issues barring Chennai.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock