General Discussions about Vi (Vodafone Idea)

I am not using my Vi connection (now outside india) how do i maintain the connection, is there any validity recharge?
I don't want the sim to be disconnected.
Pls. Help.
This is what I usually do for my secondary SIM. I have enlisted the procedure for both Vi and airtel, with the revised amounts of minimum recharge now. Note that validity / recharge amounts for Vi may slightly vary based on your circle.

Number retention technique for Vi (with Incoming SMS facility):
  • Recharge Rs 49. You get 14 days service validity.
  • Make an outgoing call on 14th day (last day)
  • From 15th day to 104th day - No recharge (TRAI policy applies for 90 days retention). Yes, incoming calls also stop but I dont need it. For the entire duration of 90 days grace period, you will continue to get incoming SMS (OTP, etc.), valid for Vi users only.
  • 104th day: Recharge Rs 49 for 14 days service validity again.
  • REPEAT the above procedure.
  • If you are abroad, and you don't want to make an outgoing card, then you need to count your 90 days from the day of recharge (and not from the day of last outgoing call), so you will get 90 days per recharge (inclusive of 14 day service validity period). As per TRAI, a "usage" is considered as any call or "payment of rental" - which I consider as "recharge for prepaid".
Vi Summary: So for Rs 49 x 3 recharges = Rs 147, you will get total 104 days x 3 = 312 days validity
If you are abroad, for Rs 49 x 3 recharges = Rs 147, you will get total 90 days x 3 = 270 days validity

Number retention technique for airtel (NO Incoming SMS facility):
  • Recharge Rs 19. You get 2 days service validity.
  • After 2 days, you get an additional 3 days service validity for free by airtel)
  • Make an outgoing call on that 5th day (last day)
  • From 6th day to 95th day - No recharge (TRAI policy applies for 90 days retention). Yes, incoming calls also stop but I dont need it. Note that airtel blocks selective incoming SMS (like from Banks, OTP etc.) but keeps sending their own promotional SMS.
  • 95th day: Recharge Rs 19 for 2 days service validity again.
  • REPEAT the above procedure.
  • If you are abroad, and you don't want to make an outgoing card, then you need to count your 90 days from the day of recharge (and not from the day of last outgoing call), so you will get 90 days per recharge (inclusive of 2 days + 3 days service validity period). As per TRAI, a "usage" is considered as any call or "payment of rental" - which I consider as "recharge for prepaid".
Airtel Summary: So for Rs 19 x 4 recharges = Rs 76, you will get total 95 days x 4 = 380 days validity
If you are abroad, for Rs 19 x 4 recharges = Rs 76, you will get total 90 days x 4 = 360 days validity

You may get the full details on TRAI "Guidelines" in the Consumer Handbook here:
This was released in the Year 2018. There has not been any further updated version released for Telecom Services yet.

Plz let me know that if any plan validity 28 days expire and 7 days incoming period passed. Then if I recharge with Rs. 19/- then otp thru sms comes or not for 9 days . (2 days plan validity + 7 days incoming period.)

Plz let me know that if any plan validity 28 days expire and 7 days incoming period passed. Then if I recharge with Rs. 19/- then otp thru sms comes or not for 9 days . (2 days plan validity + 7 days incoming period.)
Anyway otps & other sms come in ur service validity+90 days after that
So basically,yes😄

Anyway otps & other sms come in ur service validity+90 days after that
So basically,yes😄

Yes, correct. In Vi, Incoming SMS never stops. So even after your Outgoing Expires, Incoming Expires, and you are on the 90 days grace period, incoming SMS continue to arrive.

Yes, correct. In Vi, Incoming SMS never stops. So even after your Outgoing Expires, Incoming Expires, and you are on the 90 days grace period, incoming SMS continue to arrive.
No bro, incoming msg also stop after 7 days grace period of incoming calls. Yesterday i send sms (type Hello only) from my AT and jio number but msg not arrived at my vi sim yet

No bro, incoming msg also stop after 7 days grace period of incoming calls. Yesterday i send sms (type Hello only) from my AT and jio number but msg not arrived at my vi sim yet
That is strange, it used to work, as far as I know. Dont know if they have made recent changes. But the last I knew was Vi always allowed incoming SMS even after Incoming Calls Expiry (7-days after Service Validity expiry).

If I do sms like this then it will not work but otp, banking sms will come

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock