General Discussions about Vi (Vodafone Idea)

today i made rs19 recharge but it doesnt give any service validity and my outgoing/incoming and sms are still blocked.

what is minimum amount below rs49 for Generating PORING code via sms to 1900

today i made rs19 recharge but it doesnt give any service validity and my outgoing/incoming and sms are still blocked.

46 and 48 offer service validity. You can check Vi app to see which plans don't offer service validity. Vi highlights all such plans with a banner.

In some plans it's only mentioned "Unlimited calls" so, offnet calls will be charged?
FodCLF5.jpg

even after recharging with rs48, i didnt able to generate UPC via SMS

because rs19 doesnt give any sms balance, so i left with 200MB+3GB data

then again i had top-up of rs10 for making SMS.

in short for porting sms to be generated, minimum recharge is 49 or above.

In some plans it's only mentioned "Unlimited calls" so, offnet calls will be charged?
all calls to any network are free when mentioned unlimited by vi. bcoz IUC is zero from 1st jan.

u have to only pay for ISD calls.

Hi. I am unable to activate Rs 48 pack from my main balance using USSD Code *444*48#
I had used it in December'2020, but now it fails with error, Connection problem or Invalid MMI Code. My Service Validity has expired and I am on Incoming-Only as of now. How may I activate the Rs 48 plan using my Main Balance? Pls advise.

Hi guys, could you please let me know if we can activate Rs 351 plan (100GB, 56 days service validity) using main balance? Many thanks in advance.

Vi app is borked. I already had 4 GB per day plan activated. I wanted to queue 1.5 GB per day plan. I was assured by CC that new plan would be queued and activated only after my current plan expires. But after recharging with ₹ 249 for 1.5 Gb/day plan, it activated the same day (Kinda expected). Fine but now I only get 4.5 Gb/day. I should get 4 + 1.5 = 5.5 Gb per day isn't it? It is these (purposely created) bugs in their system makes us believe that Vi is just the exact same combination of previous two chor companies who are not here to do ethical business. Vi is just a lipstick on old pigs. Or Vi just doesn't have a talented backend team who will work out a clear strategy regarding recharges.

Another point to note is the 4 Gb collected per day for weekend data rollover is added as packs of 4 GB each. So when you consume first 4 Gb, Vi network switches you to 2G network as a punishment and after 10 mins, after airplane mode toggle on phone, you again connect to 4G for next 4 Gb of data. Rinse and repeat. Same behaviour is observed on OnePlus 7 as well as on iPhone 12. So it is not a handset issue.

Last edited:
Hi. I am unable to activate Rs 48 pack from my main balance using USSD Code *444*48#
I had used it in December'2020, but now it fails with error, Connection problem or Invalid MMI Code. My Service Validity has expired and I am on Incoming-Only as of now. How may I activate the Rs 48 plan using my Main Balance? Pls advise.
Put your phone in 3g mode & try again

Vi app is borked. I already had 4 GB per day plan activated. I wanted to queue 1.5 GB per day plan. I was assured by CC that new plan would be queued and activated only after my current plan expires. But after recharging with ₹ 249 for 1.5 Gb/day plan, it activated the same day (Kinda expected). Fine but now I only get 4.5 Gb/day. I should get 4 + 1.5 = 5.5 Gb per day isn't it? It is these (purposely created) bugs in their system makes us believe that Vi is just the exact same combination of previous two chor companies who are not here to do ethical business. Vi is just a lipstick on old pigs. Or Vi just doesn't have a talented backend team who will work out a clear strategy regarding recharges.

Another point to note is the 4 Gb collected per day for weekend data rollover is added as packs of 4 GB each. So when you consume first 4 Gb, Vi network switches you to 2G network as a punishment and after 10 mins, after airplane mode toggle on phone, you again connect to 4G for next 4 Gb of data. Rinse and repeat. Same behaviour is observed on OnePlus 7 as well as on iPhone 12. So it is not a handset issue.
AVOID or AVI is like late WWE superstar Eddie Guerrero...they lie, cheat & steal. Only jio and bsnl are somewhat transparent in india.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock