General Discussion about Jio

• Thread starter Sai Jai
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 3,472
  • Views: Views 359,048
Jio has to reduce a lot of Jiophone consumers in order to boost ARPU. There are more than 150 million Jiophone customers which is just giving 50-100Rupees ARPU.
They are same like 2G customers in AVoId :snail2:. Without them, ARPU will fly off the roof :cheers: for sure, but total customers number will diminish a lot :explode: as well. They are all good for the network, as long as they are ready to pay Rs100 per month or half of total ARPU. At least Jio gives them free UL calls :hs: and NOT Rs1 to Rs2 /min call charge :damn: with limited & volatile talktime.

then people will shift to Airtel/Vi within no time. Jio network will be empty then
:ouch: OMG. Ambani ji will cry after seeing your predictions bro.

, because Jio works only in rural areas. In urban areas its sh#t,
I am NOT living in rural area and here Jio is the Best wrt speed and VoLte clarity. It is the VoId which is the worst of the lot (yes even with LTE+ / 2CA in TN).

This is incorrect, Jio has the highest number of active subscribers as of 31st Jan 2022 368.53 million as opposed to Airtel's 349.99 million. Airtel is ahead of Jio in the VLR percentage but not in the overall number of active subscribers.
Let's see Esmail bhai. I know people on Jio are just using it for incoming as Jio is giving free incoming. Same is not applicable for Airtel as on Airtel we need 99 recharge. So these are not actual numbers for sure. Most Jio phones have stopped working and now the sims are just used in dual VoLTE smartphones with incoming only and main sim on either Jio or Airtel/Vi. Once Jio deactivates all the inactive numbers since years, then we will see where Jio stands.

For me, since 2019,Jio doesn't work in metro cities. Metro cities I mean, not just Mumbai, I have been to many cities since last five years and Jio doesn't work. Rest of the opertors work flawlessly. But Jio coverage is top notch(still not 100%, not even 90%, but its better than rest of the two). Jio speeds might improve after deactivation of sims and 5G launch. Jio might hike tariff as well so let's see.

total customers number will diminish a lot
That's what needed for 5G to be successful in India. We just need 600-700 million customers.
At least Jio gives them free UL
If you are saying about free incoming then this will stop eventually one day just like lifetime calling free debacle.

For calling you have to recharge with 91 or 155 depending upon your phone. Also, if you don't have phone then you have to invest 2000 for Jiophone. It was never free. Free means free.

VoID in my area.

410YC9Q.jpg

If your getting good speed in ur area it doesn't mean the same getting pan India .. if vi good in ur area use it if jio good in my area I'll use jio as simple as that
Yes. I am saying same. People in my area complaining too. Are these speeds bad? Vi infact best operator across few states now and people are still complaining. Because they removed double data. But not complaining when Jio started charging for voice calls. They have upgraded network here within almost one month across the city. Just 10Mhz in band 3 on 4G to 50Mhz in all bands. Just one month. Airtel took whole one year for the same. But not complaining.

I don't know what else people want.
Blanket coverage Pan India, not just super fast speed in select areas and no network or call drops in other areas.
Some people would prioritise good coverage, clear voice calls and manageable data speeds, over an unreliable network coverage with areas of very high 4G data speed (unless you are using it in a WiFi hotspot in a house as a substitute to wired broadband so that the network is steady).

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock