General Discussion about Jio

• Thread starter Sai Jai
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 3,471
  • Views: Views 358,706
over an unreliable network coverage with areas of very high 4G data speed
Very true bro. Even the Jitter in @TheAndroidFreak 's post # 3248 is 142ms, then what is the use of 100+Mbps speed? Here in my place, even speedtest app is NOT working saying "Test failed to Complete. Please check your connection and try again"

Still roaming VoLte of VoId is not working in some circles (including their "Priority Circles"). Even BSNL VoLte is much better comparing VoId. BSNL VoLte is at least working good in places wherever there is 4G coverage (tested in Samsung Note 10 Lite, S10 Lite, Poco F1, Nokia TA-1278 - a 4G button phone).

Blanket coverage Pan India, not just super fast speed in select areas and no network or call drops in other areas.
Some people would prioritise good coverage, clear voice calls and manageable data speeds, over an unreliable network coverage with areas of very high 4G data speed (unless you are using it in a WiFi hotspot in a house as a substitute to wired broadband so that the network is steady).
4G networks are not meant for substitute for wired broadband. 5G should be. But we didn't have enough fiber yet to utilize 5G fully. We need atleast 20-25L Kms of fiber to utilize 5G fully. And it will take time. So does 5G.

Here in my place, even speedtest app is NOT working saying "Test failed to Complete. Please check your connection and try again"
I don't know what issues you are facing and why(I faced them as well and now don't face any). But most of Tamil Nadu cities, I visited last year, had great Vodafone 4G. It was capped at 40Mbps, but that's because they didn't have enough spectrum there. Once they buy it, I am sure they will improve coverage too. They bought something last year, which I don't recall exactly. Spectrum in Tamil Nadu is stuck with Aircel and hence its taking time. But I am sure, they will get resolved.

Very true bro. Even the Jitter in @TheAndroidFreak 's post # 3248 is 142ms, then what is the use of 100+Mbps speed? Here in my place, even speedtest app is NOT working saying "Test failed to Complete. Please check your connection and try again"

Still roaming VoLte of VoId is not working in some circles (including their "Priority Circles"). Even BSNL VoLte is much better comparing VoId. BSNL VoLte is at least working good in places wherever there is 4G coverage (tested in Samsung Note 10 Lite, S10 Lite, Poco F1, Nokia TA-1278 - a 4G button phone).
Less we talk about BSNL, more it is better.

Do you really think Jio and Airtel providing same?
This is as per Open Signal report of September 2021, a more recent one is expected to be out later this month.
u9sl1eL.jpg
Jio continues to lead in both of our measures of 4G access by winning the 4G Availability award with a score of 99.3% and the 4G Coverage Experience award with a score of 9.4 points (out of 10) — improvements of 0.2 percentage points and 0.1 points, respectively, since our last report. Our 4G Availability metric shows the proportion of time that users with a 4G device and subscription had a 4G connection. Meanwhile, 4G Coverage Experience analyzes the locations where customers of a network operator received a 4G signal relative to the locations visited by users of all network operators.

It all boils down to user experience.

I have two sims, Vi and Airtel. Vi is excellent at home with full 4G and VoLTE reception, but doesn't work good when I travel around the city. Airtel is literally zero at my home with no signal but works flawlessly in the rest of the city.

My family members have Jio and it has excellent coverage through out the city but 4G internet sucks big time. It doesnt matter much because they dont travel much like I do and we have Airtel broadband at home

There are many such use cases which ultimately reasons with a person's choice of network

I have 2 jio numbers still active after plan expired few days ago..Now I want to port both but not able to send SMS.so what's the minimum recharge so then able to send port message to 1900..
Thanx in advance..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock