• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 22
  • Views: Views 2,982

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
This app is trending quite a lot Indian's including celebrities using it.

App link: FaceApp - Apps on Google Play

Get magazine cover quality for any selfie with just a few taps! Powered by FaceApp AI, the most advanced neural portrait editing technology. Improve your selfie or just have fun with gender swap, hair styling and other free amazing transformations.

Improve
• Hollywood-ready selfies with the Impression filters
• Change hair color and style
• Apply perfect evening or day makeup
• Find your perfect beard/mustache style
• Add a beautiful smile
• Replace background with a single tap
• Apply color filters, lens blur, and numerous other tools

Have fun
• Swap genders
• Let AI find your best hairstyle and color
• Change your age
• Add amazing tattoos
• Let AI find the best style for you
• Check out the Hitman, the Heisenberg filters and many other mind-blowing transformations

This app has too many bugs. At first it was working fine but when i tried on my dad it kept giving me error that it couldn't be processed. Uninstalled after that. Also, if you like how your face looks please avoid it. The old age filter almost gave me a heart attack. Along with the wrinkles it adds too much fat on the face which is gross.

Yesterday I found this in our forum. Today I get. See my old age foto.
fGmHYdb.jpg

It has Questionable privacy issues, all your photos are uploaded to it's servers located in Russia for processing and you have no right at all on any of those photos.

Faceapp T&C says -
You grant FaceApp a perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, fully-paid, transferable sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, publicly perform, and display your User Content and any name, username or likeness provided in connection with your User Content in all media formats and channels now known or later developed, without compensation to you

US senators are asking for FBI and FTC investigation over this app.

Viral Sensation FaceApp Seems to Be Now Blocking Users From India

Last edited:
This app has too many bugs. At first it was working fine but when i tried on my dad it kept giving me error that it couldn't be processed. Uninstalled after that. Also, if you like how your face looks please avoid it. The old age filter almost gave me a heart attack. Along with the wrinkles it adds too much fat on the face which is gross.
It is not only buggy but also latest update asking to Agree their terms which states it will upload your images to their cloud servers and store indefinitely which you will have no control and they can use it for marketing purposes. I disagreed and uninstalled. Old version till 3.4.8 works fine. Only newer version from yesterday has this privacy related issue. Kind of terrible how they started using people personal information like Face once app got to peak.

It is not only buggy but also latest update asking to Agree their terms which states it will upload your images to their cloud servers and store indefinitely which you will have no control and they can use it for marketing purposes. I disagreed and uninstalled. Old version till 3.4.8 works fine. Only newer version from yesterday has this privacy related issue. Kind of terrible how they started using people personal information like Face once app got to peak.
They did that to save themselves from privacy questions.

Screenshot-20190719-130113.jpg

Last edited:
I read that same that it would upload to cloud servers, even i disagreed and uninstalled it immediately.
I know we share much data already don't want to add more to my bucket of sharing - my personal view.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock