Not open for further replies.

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
FAQs Airtel Xstream Stick

Question: What is Airtel Xstream?

Airtel Xstream stick connects customers to a world of online entertainment. With multiple apps, customers will be able to watch thousands of movies and TV shows on their TV. They will be able to control compatible TVs with dedicated power, volume, and mute buttons. All they have to do is press and ask Google Assistant to easily find, play, and control movies and TV shows.

Question: From where can I purchase the Xstream stick and how much does it cost?

You can order/purchase the Xstream stick from any one of the following:
· Airtel OR Store​
· E-commerce sites such as Flipkart​
· Modern trade stores such as Croma or Vijay Sales etc.​

The Airtel Xstream stick is priced at Rs. 3999/-

Question: Is it necessary to have WiFi connection to use the Xstream stick?

Yes, it is necessary to have a WiFi connection with a minimum speed of 4mbps in order to use the Xstream stick.

Question: I am unable to pair/do anything with the stick as the WiFi not connecting.

Request you to check the proximity of WiFi router to that of the Xstream stick. If it is still not connecting, recheck the password for WiFi by clicking 'Show password'.

You can also confirm whether the WiFi is working or not by checking the same WiFi on another device. In case it is still not working, request you to ‘Restart’ the device.

Question: How/from where can I check the internet speed?

You can check the internet speed from any speed checking website such as Ookla or Fast.com etc.

Question: What do I need to have if I want to use the Xstream stick/Are there any pre-requisites to use the Xstream stick?

You need a compatible TV with HDMI port, WiFi connectivity and the requisite Companion/ Xstream app to experience and enjoy Xstream stick.

Question: How do I set up the device post purchase?

The device setup journey comprises of the following:

· Start by connecting in your Airtel Xstream Stick into the HDMI Port of your TV​
· Next, plug in the provided power cable into your Xstream​
· Using the adapter end of the cable, ensure that device is plugged in and powered​
· Next, you will see a download prompt for Airtel Xstream app. It is Mandatory to download the app to use the stick​
· Select the Wi-Fi Network you want to use and sign in to Google​

Let me also guide you how to pair the device with the TV.

· Open the Xstream app in your smartphone​
Tap on the menu>>Go to Xstream smart stick section>>Select “Pair with TV”
· A four digit number is displayed on the screen as part of the pairing process. Enter that number in the companion app and the device will get paired. On successful pairing, you will see a prompt on screen.​

Question: Do I have to create some account online to use this device?

You can log in with your Google account to use the Xstream stick. In case you don’t have a Google account, I would request you to create one.

Question: Can I use MacOS/iOS device with this stick/Do I have to use only Android devices with this stick?

The stick does not support iOS and MacOS devices. Also, Android devices before OS 4.2 (Jelly Bean) are not supported.

Question: Do I need any app/what app do I need to use the Xstream stick?

Yes, you have to download the Airtel Xstream app on your phone and register to use the stick. You can download the app from Google Play or App Store. You can also download the app from https://get.airtel.tv/xstream

Question: What is the installation process/how to install Airtel Xstream?

The installation process is quick and simple:

· Download the Airtel Xstream app or update if it is already installed in your phone. Scan the QR code or visit https://get.airtel.tv/xstream
· Plug Xstream stick into any HDMI port of your TV. Connect the adaptor using the power cable to switch on the stick.​
· Change TV source to HDMI port that the Xstream stick is connected to and follow instructions on the TV screen.​
· On your Airtel Xstream app go to Menu>Xstream Smart Stick>Get Started. Follow instructions and pair.​
· Choose from the available plans.​
You can also refer to the instruction manual as these steps are mentioned there as well.

Question: I have downloaded the app but it is not working.

If the downloaded app is not working as expected, I would request you to clear the app cache and data. If it still doesn’t work, then restart your Xstream device.

Question: I am using an Android instrument but the device is not working/responding.

Please ensure that the devices are within 30 feet (10 meter) of each other and are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.

Question: I have downloaded the app, but the remote is not working/responding.

If your remote is not responding to Xstream device, please reboot the device and after you see the launcher press the pairing key OK+APP, it will pair automatically.

JSD8cCa.png

Question: I cannot view anything as the screen is blank/not responding?

Request you to try the following steps to get your blank or unresponsive screen up and running.
  • Disconnect the Xstream device from the HDMI port then plug it back in
  • Check with the other HDMI port.
  • Unplug your Xstream device from the power cord or adapter then plug it back in.
  • Make sure that all cords remain plugged in to a power source and connected to the device.
  • Unplug other devices connected to HDMI ports, then use your TV remote to set your TV source to the correct HDMI input.
  • If you have audio equipment connected to your TV make sure it’s turned on.
Question: Do I have to recharge or subscribe to anything to view the content?

Airtel Xstream stick connects Airtel customers to a world of online entertainment. Currently there is only one content plan priced at Rs. 299 for 3 months and Rs. 999 for 12 months. It includes:
  • Hooq
  • Eros Now
  • Hoichoi
  • Hungama Play
  • Shemaroo
  • Ultra
  • Curiosity Stream
  • Full Zee5 Premium

Question: How do I renew/recharge/pay for the Airtel Xstream plan selected?

You can renew/recharge/pay for the Airtel Xstream plan through
  • Credit Card
  • Debit Card
  • Net Banking
  • UPI
  • Wallets
Question: How do I download the companion app?

Please download the Airtel Xstream app on your phone and register to use the stick. You can download the app from Google Play or App Store. You can also download the app from https://get.airtel.tv/xstream

Question: I have installed the device but the free trial offer has not been activated/not getting the free trial.

Apologies for the inconvenience. Request you to follow below mentioned steps:
  • Check your WiFi connection once again
  • Restart the device
  • If problem still persist, reset the account
  • Or Call customer care: 1800-103-6065
Question: Can I use my mobile as a remote too?

Yes, you can use your mobile device as Xstream Stick Remote. Download Airtel Xstream App. https://get.airtel.tv/xstream

1P307A8.png

Question: From where can I order/buy replacement for damaged parts/device?

You can contact us at 18001020101 for us to raise the service request for replacement and you will receive the contact details of the nearest ‘Service Franchise’ through SMS. You can return the damaged part/device and pick up replacement from the Service Franchise.

Question: How do I replace the remote if it is not working? Is it chargeable? Also what about warranty of the new replaced device?

You can contact us at 18001020101 for us to raise the service request for replacement and you will receive the contact details of the nearest ‘Service Franchise’ through SMS. You can return the damaged part/device and pick up replacement from the Service Franchise.
  • Fault repair within warranty period of ONE year is FREE of cost
  • Full replacement after warranty is chargeable.
  • If replacement is in parts then the cost depends on the part to be replaced.
  • The new device will have a reset warranty period of 12 Months from pairing date.

Question: Is the replacement of remote chargeable if it is within warranty period?

The replacement of remote is not chargeable if it is within the warranty period of one year.

Question: What if the device stops working/needs replacement during/after warranty period?

If device stops working/needs replacement during warranty period, the replacement is not chargeable. After the warranty period, should you face any difficulty you can contact us at

18001020101 for us to raise the service request for replacement and you will receive the contact details of the nearest ‘Service Franchise’ through SMS. Please note that replacement may be chargeable depending upon the device/instrument to be replaced.

Question: Do I have to go and get the faulty/damaged part/device replaced? Can’t you have it couriered?

Service Franchisees are stocked with all the necessary components/parts and are equipped to check & update software requirements too. Request you to visit the nearest SF.

Question: Can I watch/subscribe to other online content like Netflix/Hotstar etc.? How?

You can watch other online content like Netflix/Hotstar etc. However you will need to have the subscription of these platforms.

Question: I want to buy Xstream stick but would like to know if it is compatible with my TV.

Any TV that has an HDMI port will be compatible with the Stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock