Eden Gardens to host India's first day-night Test match

ABCDEFGH

Reaction score
Eden Gardens to host India's first day-night match

prv_599ce_1465278564.jpg

The iconic Eden Gardens in Kolkata is set to host what will be the first day-night match in India. The final of the Super League, to be held from June 17 to 20, is expected to be played under lights. Super League is a domestic tournament in the state that allows them to identify potential players for their Ranji team.

"Pink-ball cricket indeed is the way forward. Test cricket's popularity has been steadily declining and we must do something to arrest the slide. The pink-ball Test in Australia last year received an overwhelmingly positive response and we must embrace the change. The Super League final under lights is an experiment with an eye to hosting day-night Tests in the near future. I think it would be a very good experience," Sourav Ganguly, the president of Cricket Association of Bengal told the Indian Express.

Taking to pink-ball cricket might signal the evolution of the sport and the administrators, the process is seldom straightforward. In India, cricket is played using SG balls but a pink Kookaburra ball will have to be used in the upcoming Super League final. When they were trialed in the Sheffield Shield in Australia, the biggest complaint was that they deteriorated swiftly and became difficult to sight.

Abhishek Dalmiya, the CAB secretary, acknowledged the issues and said: "Certain conditions are required for the pink ball to hold up for a substantial period. We have spoken to Kookaburra's subcontinent head and will follow the advice."

Eden Gardens to host India's first day-night match | Cricbuzz.com

Great to hear ;) .. But I expected Wankhede to host :shy ..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock