Breaking Disney+ to launch in India through Hotstar on March 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what happens to HBO and all other rival content. Would the rivals now pull the content off the Disney+ considering the rebranding?

Wonder what happens to HBO and all other rival content. Would the rivals now pull the content off the Disney+ considering the rebranding?
Yes, content might temporarily move to Prime Video until HBO Max launches.

Yes, content might temporarily move to Prime Video until HBO Max launches.
What if HBO Max doesn't launch in India (high chances it won't)? Will it stay with Prime Video?
Or maybe they'll start Channel based Subscription like in US?

4sePi7b.png
PFH3U4j.png

2kUE7Vv.png
1sNHkeL.png

If they provide it for a affordable price, it would be really great. Everyone can finally watch these shows in 4K HDR with 5.1 Dolby Audio in Prime Video. They won't have to go through the crappy quality of Hotstar.

What if HBO Max doesn't launch in India (high chances it won't)? Will it stay with Prime Video?
Or maybe they'll start Channel based Subscription like in US?

4sePi7b.png
PFH3U4j.png

2kUE7Vv.png
1sNHkeL.png

If they provide it for a affordable price, it would be really great. Everyone can finally watch these shows in 4K HDR with 5.1 Dolby Audio in Prime Video. They won't have to go through the crappy quality of Hotstar.
Channel based model just won't work in India. Even I think HBO Max might now launch in India as Warner already has Hooq which doesn't seem much successful despite being cheap with amazing content.

i think HBO will stay with Disney in India due to their partnership with Star World

Friends, so tell me. If I take a Hotstar Premium subscription now, when Hotstar automatically becomes Disney+ Hotstar I will get all the content from Disney+ right ?
I believe they will continue with the Hotstar vip at 365 annual and Hotstar premium at 999 yearly with all the content that they currently offer. The existing premium tier might get the Disney catalogue minus the original shows and they may add a third tier as ultra premium which will have the Disney original content.
Coz if they increase the price of premium higher than 999 annual then they will end up losing a big chunk of premium subscribers who only want the American TV shows and don't care much about Disney original content.
So even if you subscribe to Hotstar premium now, there are chances that you would get access to Disney regular catalogue without having to pay extra.

There is only a 50-50 chance for renaming to 'Disney plus Hotstar'. But I don't think Disney plus shows will be added conventionally into Hotstar like now. Hotstar will undergo a major UI revamp. Most probably there will be a switching option between Disney plus and Hotstar in the new version. Either at starting (like Jio Cinema) or at Hotstar Home/Menu. Hotstar mode will have its own theme and Switching to Disney plus will take another look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock