Breaking Disney+ to launch in India through Hotstar on March 29

Status
Not open for further replies.
That name is for pricing Tiers not the application itself, its like Hotstar Premium/ VIP
This tweet is from economics times journalist and he clearly mentioned that hotstar will be rebranded as disney+hotstar just read the tweet carefully

This tweet is from economics times journalist and he clearly mentioned that hotstar will be rebranded as disney+hotstar just read the tweet carefully

What I have said is directly from Disney's CEO, Atleast see the thread title which you are replying. "Disney will combine and rebrand Disney+ with Hotstar’s VIP and Premium offerings to create Disney+Hotstar." He never said they are going to rebrand, he said that about pricing structures.

What I have said is directly from Disney's CEO, Atleast see the thread title which you are replying. "Disney will combine and rebrand Disney+ with Hotstar’s VIP and Premium offerings to create Disney+Hotstar." He never said they are going to rebrand, he said that about pricing structures.
Rebrand means change the corporate image of (a company or organization). It is not used for any pricing tier or other thing rebrand means change the image of whole brand

Last edited:
Then Disney might want to pull it's content off from Jio cinema to maintain Hotstar as the exclusive destination for Disney content. If i remember correctly they pulled their content off from Netflix in USA as well.

Disney’s Q1 FY20 Earnings Results Webcast - The Walt Disney Company

Disney+ Content will be launched in two priced structures in India. One with only Library Content and another with Library Content and D+ Originals. Disney Plus will be on Hotstar. There is going to be an price hike.
Rebrand means change the corporate image of (a company or organization). It is not used for any pricing tier or other thing rebrand means change of image of whole brand
I don't want get to an argument with you about this, if you have time to listen to that webcast listen to that and you will get to know what I'm talking about.

Then Disney might want to pull it's content off from Jio cinema to maintain Hotstar as the exclusive destination for Disney content. If i remember correctly they pulled their content off from Netflix in USA as well.

Yeah, Licensing content to Jio Cinema is that stupidest business decision I had seen. They have licensed the stuff to Jio just 2-3 months merger If I remember correctly. Anyhow Star gonna find a way to get that content as Jio and Star has a good business relationship. They have 2nd run lisencing to Netflix in India as of now. All the Disney movies till 2018 will go through this I guess not sure about the specifics of the deal.

‘Disney+ Hotstar’ India Release Date Announced

“We will be rebranding our existing Hotstar VIP and Premium subscription tiers to Disney Plus Hotstar."
“We're not giving specifics about price at this point but expect that there'll be two primary products brought into India. One will be more premium in nature that will include the entire library, so with the original programming and the other one will be more basic that will have the library and not the original programming.”

Good decision to bring all content under one subscription. Apart from originals. What's Disney gotta to offer now? They should have launched Disney+ along with US to gain new fans. Instead they hold it for 5 months. Imagine catching up of a new episode of a show which has already been airing since months. Netflix had advantage as broadcasters like Zee was already airing Netflix content before it's launch in India.

Coming to Indian market. I don't think Disney+ will succeed either. How many would be interested in shows like Mandalorian in India? India's OTT market is meant for edgy original content. A family OTT service isn't gonna work. Meanwhile Disney should consider bringing Hulu's content to Hotstar.

Edit : Marvel content might attract some viewers.

Last edited:
Meanwhile Disney should consider bringing Hulu's content to Hotstar.
Yeah.. that would be really great...
Currently Hulu content are distributed among other platforms in India. Such as:

Handmaid's Tale - Prime Video, Sony Liv
The Looming Tower - Prime Video
Ramy - Prime Video
Runaways -
Prime Video
and few others

Reactions: iDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock