Discussion Disney+ Hotstar VIP getting a price hike?

• Thread starter Nilu334
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 60
  • Views: Views 12,500
Has anyone noticed that hotstar logins are routinely hacked and leaked these days? I started seeing random TV series in recently watched which I hadn't even started watching. Then I checked if my password was pwnd in iPhone's settings password section. To my utter horror, iOS told me that my unique Hotstar password had appeared in a leak on darkweb.

Then I did more research and apparently, Hotstar usernames and passwords are sold for as low as $2 on reddit, forums, telegram and discord.
So make sure you use a unique password for sh*tty sites like Flopstar who have zero data protection policies. If your username password leaks out, it should not be same you use for loggin in elsewhere like your email.

I complained to hotstar and after bitter twitter fight, they enabled 2 factor login on my account. Previously it never showed up as an option and when I tried to enter my phone number, it used to say invalid phone number.

I hope they use the extra money from price hike to better secure their pathetic site from hackers and stop using plain text passwords database.

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed that hotstar logins are routinely hacked and leaked these days? I started seeing random TV series in recently watched which I hadn't even started watching. Then I checked if my password was pwnd in iPhone's settings password section. To my utter horror, iOS told me that my unique Hotstar password had appeared in a leak on darkweb.

Then I did more research and apparently, Hotstar usernames and passwords are sold for as low as $2 on reddit, forums, telegram and discord.
So make sure you use a unique password for sh*tty sites like Flopstar who have zero data protection policies. If your username password leaks out, it should not be same you use for loggin in elsewhere like your email.

I complained to hotstar and after bitter twitter fight, they enabled 2 factor login on my account. Previously it never showed up as an option and when I tried to enter my phone number, it used to say invalid phone number.

I hope they use the extra money from price hike to better secure their pathetic site from hackers and stop using plain text passwords database.
Is it even possible to set password in Hotstar anymore. I don't even remember setting any password while creating an account. It just asks for Email/Phone Number and then I just have to enter the OTP for logging in. There is no option to enter password.

They ask you password? As far i remember, they used to ask OTP based login from last year. Even before Disney + was integrated i used to sign in by OTP.

Is it even possible to set password in Hotstar anymore. I don't even remember setting any password while creating an account. It just asks for Email/Phone Number and then I just have to enter the OTP for logging in. There is no option to enter password.
They ask you password? As far i remember, they used to ask OTP based login from last year. Even before Disney + was integrated i used to sign in by OTP.
Until the beginning of 2019, they used to have password/social media based login. That changed when they forced the use of mobile number somewhere in 2019..

Afaik We have passwords if we join Splitsub... Credentials r mail ID as username and password...
Those passwords maybe sold or hacked by someone...

Until the beginning of 2019, they used to have password/social media based login. That changed when they forced the use of mobile number somewhere in 2019..
Yes, in a phased manner they implemented the migration from the password based login to OTP based one. Mine was done in the latter part of last year. The hacking of accounts was the main reason behind it.

I started seeing random TV series in recently watched which I hadn't even started watching.
I faced this issue with my Zee5 account and strangely they didn't have an option for me to logout of all existing registered devices and even after a password reset the existing logged in devices would still be able to use my account until they manually log out, which is a major flaw. So they asked me to create a fresh account using a new mobile number and then share it with them and they transferred the zee5 premium subscription to the new account. This would make it pointless for the hackers to continue using my account and would log out eventually.

The content which makes up Star/ Star+ is already exclusive to Disney+ Hotstar Premium ie., Shows from FX, 20th Television and ABC Singnature.
I don't think all of it is already there. Certainly not mature & adult content. And I don't think all shows/movies exclusive to services like Hulu & Freeform are already there either. Star+ is slated to include exclusive & new mature content (Star+ Originals) as well. They are even planning to include Parental Controls within the Disney+ app to control access to adult content inside of the Star+ section. Please see the whole array of planned Star+ content that I will be quoting as a new post here.

Let me quote a few snippets from the Wikipedia pages I had linked earlier.

"it was announced that Star will launch as a top-level section within the Disney+ interface. Additional parental controls are planned to launch alongside Star's introduction."

"Star will launch in Canada, Western Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Singapore on February 23, 2021, while the service will launch in Eastern Europe, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, and other southeast Asian countries later that year."

BTW Disney's DTCI chairman (who oversees both Indian and Disney+ operations) clearly stated, Disney+ Hotstar will become the exclusive home for all the Disney owned content.
Another quote from Wikipedia:

"Although Star will be available at no extra cost to Disney+ subscribers, the introduction of Star will coincide with a price increase."

So, may be they will not increase the price of Premium itself? And instead introduce another payment tier for Star+ content?

Do you really think they will include even all of the new & exclusive Star+ Originals to the Disney+ Hotstar service, with no additional subscription costs, like, at all? It will be jackpot for us if they do so :D

Here are the proposed array of content, that will come to the Star+ section of the Disney+ service.

Quote (paraphrased) from Wikipedia:

" Star will include content from,

ABC Signature
20th Television
FX
Freeform
20th Century Studios
Searchlight Pictures
Touchstone Pictures and
Hollywood Pictures "

Exclusive international distribution

During Investor Day, it was announced that shows from Disney-owned networks such as Hulu and FX would be exclusively distributed in multiple international markets through Star as Star Originals.

TitleGenreOriginal networkPremiereSeasonsRuntimeExclusive region(s)Status
Awaiting release
Big Sky[15]ThrillerABCFebruary 23, 20211 season, 16 episodes42–44 min.All markets except Canada[16]Pending
Godfather of Harlem[17]Crime dramaEpix1 season, 10 episodes55 min.ItalyRenewed[18]
Helstrom[19]Superhero horrorHulu44–55 min.All marketsEnded[20]
High Fidelity[21]Romantic comedy26–34 min.PortugalEnded[22]
Love, Victor[15]Romantic teen comedy-drama24–31 min.All marketsRenewed[23]
Solar Opposites[19]Adult animated science fiction sitcom1 season, 8 episodes22 min.Renewed[24]

Upcoming programming​

Original programming​

TitleGenrePremiereSeasonsRuntimeExclusive region(s)LanguageStatus
Besos al aire[25]Romantic comedyMarch 20212 episodesTBASpainSpanishMiniseries

Exclusive international distribution​

Untitled Kardashians project[26]RealityHuluLate 2021TBATBAAll marketsSeries order
American Horror Stories[27][28]Horror anthologyFX on Hulu2021[26]1 season, 16 episodes60 min.
Dopesick[29]DramaHulu8 episodesTBAMiniseries filming
The Dropout[30]8 episodesMiniseries order
The Old Man[31]FX on HuluTBAAll markets except Canada[32]Filming
Only Murders in the Building[33][34]ComedyHulu1 season, 10 episodesAll markets
Platform[35]Anthology dramaFX on HuluTBA30 min.Series order
Reservation Dogs[36][26]ComedyTBA
Y: The Last Man[37][27]Science fiction dramaAll markets except Canada[32]Filming[38]
Shōgun[39][26]Historical dramaTBAAll marketsMiniseries order

In development​

TitleGenreOriginal networkExclusive region(s)
Alien[26]Science fiction horrorFX on HuluAll markets

Upcoming original films​

Documentaries

TitleGenreRelease dateRuntimeExclusive region(s)
Summer of Soul (...Or, When the Revolution Could Not Be Televised)[40]MusicTBA1 hour, 57 min.All markets

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the proposed array of content, that will come to the Star+ section of the Disney+ service.

Quote (paraphrased) from Wikipedia:

" Star will include content from,

ABC Signature
20th Television
FX
Freeform
20th Century Studios
Searchlight Pictures
Touchstone Pictures and
Hollywood Pictures "

Exclusive international distribution

During Investor Day, it was announced that shows from Disney-owned networks such as Hulu and FX would be exclusively distributed in multiple international markets through Star as Star Originals.

Awaiting release
Big Sky[15]ThrillerABCFebruary 23, 20211 season, 16 episodes42–44 min.All markets except Canada[16]Pending
Godfather of Harlem[17]Crime dramaEpix1 season, 10 episodes55 min.ItalyRenewed[18]
Helstrom[19]Superhero horrorHulu44–55 min.All marketsEnded[20]
High Fidelity[21]Romantic comedy26–34 min.PortugalEnded[22]
Love, Victor[15]Romantic teen comedy-drama24–31 min.All marketsRenewed[23]
Solar Opposites[19]Adult animated science fiction sitcom1 season, 8 episodes22 min.Renewed[24]

Upcoming programming​

Original programming​

TitleGenrePremiereSeasonsRuntimeExclusive region(s)LanguageStatus
Besos al aire[25]Romantic comedyMarch 20212 episodesTBASpainSpanishMiniseries

Exclusive international distribution​

Untitled Kardashians project[26]RealityHuluLate 2021TBATBAAll marketsSeries order
American Horror Stories[27][28]Horror anthologyFX on Hulu2021[26]1 season, 16 episodes60 min.
Dopesick[29]DramaHulu8 episodesTBAMiniseries filming
The Dropout[30]8 episodesMiniseries order
The Old Man[31]FX on HuluTBAAll markets except Canada[32]Filming
Only Murders in the Building[33][34]ComedyHulu1 season, 10 episodesAll markets
Platform[35]Anthology dramaFX on HuluTBA30 min.Series order
Reservation Dogs[36][26]ComedyTBA
Y: The Last Man[37][27]Science fiction dramaAll markets except Canada[32]Filming[38]
Shōgun[39][26]Historical dramaTBAAll marketsMiniseries order

In development​

TitleGenreOriginal networkExclusive region(s)
Alien[26]Science fiction horrorFX on HuluAll markets

Upcoming original films​

Documentaries

TitleGenreRelease dateRuntimeExclusive region(s)
Summer of Soul (...Or, When the Revolution Could Not Be Televised)[40]MusicTBA1 hour, 57 min.All markets

FYI. Hotstar already carries 20th Television, FXP, TouchStone, Hollywood and even some of the Abc Singnature content.

And for your reference, almost all the Star Originals are streaming on Hotstar either in India or Indonesia apart from Love, Victor and Solar Opposites which were held up at Hulu.

Big Sky- Already available in India
Godfather of Harlem - available in India and Indonesia
Helstrom - Available in Indonesia

And all the upcoming things mentioned will come to Hotstar, no matter what because all those are from existing contracts even before Disney ever bought Fox.
Although Star will be available at no extra cost to Disney+ subscribers, the introduction of Star will coincide with a price increase.
That's regarding Disney+ in Europe, Canada and ANZ. Disney+ and Disney+ Hotstar are two different entities, so wrap that around your mind. And Wikipedia pages for Star focuses on the countries where its launching, not on Hotstar buddy. Simply don't assume anything bcoz some wiki page says so. More over I'm one of the guys who actively contributed to that page which you are referring to now. Did you anything remotely related to Hotstar there? Apart from related brands.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock