Discussion Disney+ Hotstar VIP getting a price hike?

• Thread starter Nilu334
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 60
  • Views: Views 12,401
And all upcoming things mentioned will come to Hotstar, no matter what because all those are from existing contracts even Disney ever bought Fox
From the slew of the large content that are proposed to debut the Star+ service, I am not aware of the exact number of shows/movies that are already available in Disney+ or Disney+ Hotstar.

But if most of them are already available in Disney+ Hotstar as you claim, then 'yay' to us. Because like I had mentioned earlier, if we continue to get them inside of Disney+ Hotstar as and when they hit the Disney+ service, that too without a price hike, then we'll have certainly hit the jackpot. Plus, it is not as if I was stating that I was 100% sure of a price hike either. Like I had mentioned in the first line of my original post, I was just "spitballing" there, and was only going off of the details that are publicly available. Meaning, I'm cool as long as we receive the new/additional Star content to Disney+ Hotstar.
Disney+ and Disney+ Hotstar are two different entities, so wrap that around your mind. And Wikipedia pages for Star focuses on the countries where its launching, not on Hotstar buddy. Simply don't assume anything bcoz some wiki page says so. More over I'm one of the guys who actively contributed to that page which you are referring to now. Did you anything remotely related to Hotstar there? Apart from related brands.
Woah!

'Wrap that around my mind' ?!!!

I thought that we were just making conversation here! Why the sudden hostility? And the condescending tone?! Why are you escalating a 'discussion' into an 'argument'?

If you are trying to make a point across to me, being condescending and insulting is certainly not the way to do it. You keep using the word 'buddy', without actually ever meaning it. Why?

1) Moreover, your inference that I am referring to Disney+ and Disney+ Hotstar as the same service is completely wrong. You would have probably gotten it, if you had spent the time to properly read both of my (very long) posts fully, without jumping the gun halfway to make partially informed conclusions, and then outright talking down to me. I implore you to read my posts in full at least now. You will find that I had in fact clearly differentiated between them when mentioning the 2 services. Wherever I had mentioned Disney+, I meant Disney+. And wherever I had mentioned Disney+ Hotstar, I meant Disney+ Hotstar. So your statement/inference is factually incorrect.

I had also very clearly mentioned in my original post, that we might get the new Star content integrated into the Disney+ Hotstar service, just like how all the Disney+ content was integrated into the original Hotstar service (before it was rebranded into Disney+ Hotstar). Did you not read that?! Please do not imply that someone said or meant something that they actually did not say/mean.

You have to understand here, that my intention (at least in my previous posts) was not to refute your posts, but to exchange whatever information we already know, one person to another. And learn from each other. Isn't that what this discussion forum is for? For discussing? For conversing? To share information? To learn information that we previously weren't aware of?

Or is OnlyTech a space for ridiculing and belittling other people's perceptions? Or is it there for implying that people said/meant stuff that they did not actually say/mean?

If someone has anything concrete to offer, I am more than willing to listen, and yes, to learn. But not if the other person is condescending, insulting or belittling my opinion. It is imperative that everybody is entitled to there opinion, and yes, infer.

So please don't insult, and do not use phrases like 'don't assume', while I had already mentioned that I was speculating.

2) Also, this whole thing about Star+ and the Star hub was only what I was detailing from whatever I had inferred from all details available publicly (Wikipedia and elsewhere online).

Say what you will of Wikipedia, but I am sure that many would agree Wikipedia as a stable source of information. The prime reason being, most of the information there is cited with links to (mostly) reputed news outlets. There have been occasions where vandals have messed with the information in Wikipedia, but that is definitely not applicable on majority of the pages. So I wouldn't paint Wikipedia as some scarcely reliable source, or go to the extreme extent of mentioning it as an unreliable source.

And now you are saying that you contributed to these Wikipedia pages for the Star+ service and the Star hub? At the same time when you are also attempting to discredit the legitimacy of the information in Wikipedia? Hmmm, interesting.

Now, the Wikipedia page for the proposed Star hub does not mention anything 'specifically' about Disney+ Hotstar. But it does say that Star will be launching (as a hub) later this year, in other countries, including southeast asian countries. And India is a southeast asian country. So I am hoping this would include India too. Because the more content we get, the merrier.

Hence for what it's worth, I still believe that Star will be launching as a separate hub inside of the Disney+ Hotstar service.

Let us see what happens.

Woah!

'Wrap that around my mind' ?!!!

I thought that we were just making conversation here! Why the sudden hostility? And the condescending tone?! Why are you escalating a 'discussion' into an 'argument'?

If you are trying to make a point across to me, being condescending and insulting is certainly not the way to do it. You keep using the word 'buddy', without actually ever meaning it. Why?
Idk what to say! If u think it's hostility I'm very sorry regarding that. That was not my intention. And BTW I'm not discrediting anything from the pages on Wikipedia. Just saying it's not applicable to Hotstar.
Now, the Wikipedia page for the proposed Star hub does not mention anything 'specifically' about Disney+ Hotstar. But it does say that Star will be launching (as a hub) later this year, in other countries, including southeast asian countries. And India is a southeast asian country. So I am hoping this would include India too. Because the more content we get, the merrier.
Idk buddy! FYI India is part of South Asia not South East Asia. And South East Asia is mentioned as Disney+ and Hotstar are two different services there ie., in Singapore which is scheduled to launch and may be Philippines.

Ps. There is a transcript present for 4 and half hour presentation of Investor Day. Most of the things I tried to explain are basically from this event. If you have time to go through then go ahead. Concentrate on what Rebecca Campbell has to say.

Disney Investor Day 2020 - The Walt Disney Company

Last edited:
Jio is giving 1 year subscription in just Rs. 154/- . detail given below :-

(1) 2Gb daily Data and UL calling recharge Rs. 444/- for 56 days
(2) 2Gb daily data and UL calling for 56 days and Hotstar subscription for 1 year recharge Rs. 598/-

598-444=154/-

I think this is best offer

Jio is giving 1 year subscription in just Rs. 154/- . detail given below :-

(1) 2Gb daily Data and UL calling recharge Rs. 444/- for 56 days
(2) 2Gb daily data and UL calling for 56 days and Hotstar subscription for 1 year recharge Rs. 598/-

598-444=154/-

I think this is best offer
But it's not independent, you have to keep recharging for that period of 1 year to continue getting benifits.

If Customer recharges with an Eligible Plan with validity of less than 1 year, the Customer agrees that he/she shall perform continuous recharges of Company’s prepaid mobile plans, such that validity of 1 year is continuous from the date of first purchase of Eligible Plan, to continue receiving benefits under the Offer.

Disney+ Hotstar VIP Offer T&C

But it's not independent, you have to keep recharging for that period of 1 year to continue getting benifits.

Disney+ Hotstar VIP Offer T&C
Still cheap. No? You can just be on any prepaid pack and take disney plus hotstar VIP for 1 year. It is good for regular jio customer like me. I recharge 555 pack every 84 days. I will get VIP on 777 plan with same benefit. I can just recharge 777 for one time, then continue to recharge 555 for rest period. That way i will get VIP just for 222 instead of current 499. :D

Jio still mentioning Rs 399/- for Disney+Hotstar VIP subscription...The offer still on...
I got this message ...
Recharge your Jio no****** today on Amazon with Rs.2599 yearly plan & get 1 year Disney+ Hotstar VIP subscription worth Rs.399 at no extra cost. Also get rewards of upto Rs.125. T&CA. Click www.amazon.in/jio /

Today i check
Airtel is giving 1 year subscription in just Rs. 150/- . detail given below :-

(1) 2Gb daily Data and UL calling recharge Rs. 449/- for 56 days
(2) 2Gb daily data and UL calling for 56 days + Hotstar subscription for 1 year recharge Rs. 599/- + Amazon Prime Video for 30 Days + wynk music + free hello tune

599-449=150/-

I think this is more better than Jio Offer

Price back to 399 again!
yhBb7Wb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock