Discussion Disney+ Hotstar VIP getting a price hike?

• Thread starter Thread starter Nilu334
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 60
  • Views Views: Views 13,082
I agree the contents are going up and up, so price hike is inevitable. But the 'VIP plan' itself is an injustice. They are offering almost all dubbed contents for Tamil, Telugu and Hindi, While Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi getting a few dubbed contents. And the price is same for all.:blush2:

Sports matches on Hotstar looks worst they should increase the bit rate of their stream. And they should allow atleast 2 screen on VIP.

Requires a seperate subscription and comes with a water downed dumped garbage.
So look at the price difference too it just cost 299 per year whereas earlier it was 700 per month so "Itne me esa hi milega"

Price hike for Hotstar VIP is reasonable, when cricket content (IPL and T20 world cup) compared to Sony LIV, which offers cricket live in premium only.

I am just spitballing here, but the price hike could very well be a precursor to the launch of the Star+ (Star Plus) Streaming service, that will start hosting a whole new array of content that are currently not hosted by Disney+. The new service will host more mature content (R-Rated movies, shows and other content targeted primarily toward adult audiences), as opposed to the primarily family oriented content of Disney+.

The service will be launched as a separate service/app called Star+, ONLY in Latin America. In other regions, the Star+ service will be integrated into the existing Disney+ service/app.

As for India, it will most likely be integrated into the existing "Disney+ Hotstar" app (now eventually owned by Disney), much like how all of the Disney+ content was integrated into the existing "Hotstar" app (then owned by Fox group, the then owner of the Star TV group) when Disney+ was launched. As we all know, the whole game changed when Disney bought much of the Fox network (including the 20th Century Fox studios, but excluding some properties like the Fox Television network, which includes the infamous Fox News channel) couple of years ago.

So, once Star+ comes to India, we might eventually end up with 3 hierarchical payment tiers inside of the Disney+ Hotstar app:

1) Disney+ Hotstar VIP
2) Disney+ Hotstar Premium
3) Disney+ Hotstar Star+

The Star+ service is expected to launch toward the end of this month (Feb 23, 2021) in most countries. It might take a while for it to launch in India (much like how they took time to integrate Disney+ into Hotstar).

So once that happens, we might as well see a price hike for Disney+ Hotstar Premium.

The imminent arrival of Star+, is the main reason why the "Star Plus" Hindi TV channel will be rebranded as "Utsav Plus", effective exactly a day (February 22, 2021) before the launch date of the Star+ service (February 23, 2021).

Star (Disney+) - Wikipedia

Star+ - Wikipedia

I have a question. If i will sub to Disney+ by Jio plan INR 777 and then not continue with Jio plan after it's validity is over(After 84 days), can i keep my Hotstar for rest period? Or Hotstar sub will also be cancelled?

I have a question. If i will sub to Disney+ by Jio plan INR 777 and then not continue with Jio plan after it's validity is over(After 84 days), can i keep my Hotstar for rest period? Or Hotstar sub will also be cancelled?
You can enjoy VIP benefits till 1 year with any plan even after 84 days in Jio.

Back
Top Bottom