Discussion Disney+ Hotstar VIP getting a price hike?

• Thread starter Nilu334
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 60
  • Views: Views 12,606
You can enjoy VIP benefits till 1 year with any plan even after 84 days in Jio.
But terms and conditions indicate expiration of benefit when we are not on an active plan. While Airtel doesn't have same terms and conditions.

But terms and conditions indicate expiration of benefit when we are not on an active plan. While Airtel doesn't have same terms and conditions.
So it will be cancelled?

I think subscriber should continue in Jio network till 1 year.

I asked Jio chat. They told me that you need to have an active plan. Not necessarily a plan with Hotstar. Any active plan will do.

So it will be cancelled?
Likely, yes.
I asked Jio chat. They told me that you need to have an active plan. Not necessarily a plan with Hotstar. Any active plan will do.
Yes, any active plan is required. It's better to buy Hotstar subscription from Airtel as an active plan is not required there.

Hotstar VIP is still selling for ₹399 on Flipkart's SmartStore.
Mp5oBoB.jpg

Today only bought Premium subscription worth 1499. Now with price hike of 599(VIP), one must go for premium (Shared 750 each) as it will have 2 screen(4K). I am looking for a subscription partner.. I registered in Splitsub app. Thanks for OT..

I am just spitballing here, but the price hike could very well be a precursor to the launch of the Star+ (Star Plus) Streaming service, that will start hosting a whole new array of content that are currently not hosted by Disney+. The new service will host more mature content (R-Rated movies, shows and other content targeted primarily toward adult audiences), as opposed to the primarily family oriented content of Disney+.

The service will be launched as a separate service/app called Star+, ONLY in Latin America. In other regions, the Star+ service will be integrated into the existing Disney+ service/app.

As for India, it will most likely be integrated into the existing "Disney+ Hotstar" app (now eventually owned by Disney), much like how all of the Disney+ content was integrated into the existing "Hotstar" app (then owned by Fox group, the then owner of the Star TV group) when Disney+ was launched. As we all know, the whole game changed when Disney bought much of the Fox network (including the 20th Century Fox studios, but excluding some properties like the Fox Television network, which includes the infamous Fox News channel) couple of years ago.

So, once Star+ comes to India, we might eventually end up with 3 hierarchical payment tiers inside of the Disney+ Hotstar app:

1) Disney+ Hotstar VIP
2) Disney+ Hotstar Premium
3) Disney+ Hotstar Star+

The Star+ service is expected to launch toward the end of this month (Feb 23, 2021) in most countries. It might take a while for it to launch in India (much like how they took time to integrate Disney+ into Hotstar).

So once that happens, we might as well see a price hike for Disney+ Hotstar Premium.

The imminent arrival of Star+, is the main reason why the "Star Plus" Hindi TV channel will be rebranded as "Utsav Plus", effective exactly a day (February 22, 2021) before the launch date of the Star+ service (February 23, 2021).

Star (Disney+) - Wikipedia

Star+ - Wikipedia
Buddy! Just FYI. The content which makes up Star/ Star+ is already exclusive to Disney+ Hotstar Premium ie., Shows from FX, 20th Television and ABC Singnature. BTW Disney's DTCI chairman (who oversees both Indian and Disney+ operations) clearly stated, Disney+ Hotstar will become the exclusive home for all the Disney owned content.

And recently Sunil Ryan, specially said they aren't planning on Price hikes as they are still in cruising mode. VIP they are forced to hike bcoz of live sports cost and content acquisition costs for Hotstar Specials and exclusive digital rights for the movies.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock