Breaking Disney+ Hotstar testing 4K HDR

• Thread starter Nilu334
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 122
  • Views: Views 22,499
@kumarvishwas bro! My early bet is August, at which Marvel's The Falcon and The Winter Soldier is gonna drop. @Sparker0i bro! Disney+'s 4k Content are also limited to high profile shows like the Mandalorian and Disney+ Original Movies other than the Star wars, pixar, Marvel movies and latest Disney movies. Also most of them gonna wind up in Hotstar anyway. No issues with Disney+ 4k content imo.

Coming to HBO content I agree with you as even HBO Max does not support 4K content as of now so they are gonna be on FHD only. FX on Hulu and Hulu originals are my other bets which are gonna be offered in 4K along with 21CS(Fox )
I don't think they'll wait for that long, Hotstar is usually known for quick updates and as @Sparker0i said they just need to enable it as the configurations have already been added, I guess they'll enable it within a week or two, or with the premiere of Ford vs Ferrari....

Apart from Disney+ content I hope they add all new Fox and Bollywood movies in 4K UHD with Dolby Vision/HDR 10

Last edited:
hope that the major sports events also will be available in 4K.
EPL and Bundesliuga has regular 4K transmission, I think. Disney-Star being the satellite & OTT rights holder of EPL in India, can we expect the 4K quality EPL broadcast in D+HS app ?

Bollywood movies in 4K UHD with Dolby Vision/HDR 10
If they are gonna stream Indian Movies in 4k HDR, then it surely gonna be #1 OTT in India, which it infact is now. However I don't have high hopes for the same as prime also doesn't offers 4K HDR to all Indian movies. Even Ponmangal Vandhal and Gulabo Sitabo also streaming in FHD itself.
hope that the major sports events also will be available in 4K.
EPL and Bundesliuga has regular 4K transmission, I think. Disney-Star being the satellite & OTT rights holder of EPL in India, can we expect the 4K quality EPL broadcast in D+HS app ?
It's too much to ask as of now as Indian Cricket, the main stay of Hotstar is only produced in FHD so, they won't be providing Bundesliga and EPL in 4k as of now. May be if they launch Star Sports 4k, they will produce 4K content on IPL and Indian Cricket as Star has the production rights too.

If they are gonna stream Indian Movies in 4k HDR, then it surely gonna be #1 OTT in India, which it infact is now. However I don't have high hopes for the same as prime also doesn't offers 4K HDR to all Indian movies. Even Ponmangal Vandhal and Gulabo Sitabo also streaming in FHD itself.

It's too much to ask as of now as Indian Cricket, the main stay of Hotstar is only produced in FHD so, they won't be providing Bundesliga and EPL in 4k as of now. May be if they launch Star Sports 4k, they will produce 4K content on IPL and Indian Cricket as Star has the production rights too.
Gulabo sitabo available in 4k in prime video.

bro, there's no production of any cricket league in 4K now, but there's EPL, Bundesliga and some more football events available as 4K. And since Disney-Star already has the rights , they just needed to get that 4K source. that wont be a big hurdle, than compared to start 4K production by own for indian events like IP, ISL. thats why i am optimistic

bro, there's no production of any cricket league in 4K now, but there's EPL, Bundesliga and some more football events available as 4K. And since Disney-Star already has the rights , they just needed to get that 4K source. that wont be a big hurdle, than compared to start 4K production by own for indian events like IP, ISL. thats why i am optimistic
Thats what brother! Its easy to get them in 4K.if they get them in 4K, they will be obliged to stream cricket also in 4K which is not even produced in 4K as of now. So, they won't be risking it as of now.

Is it? For me FHD output only came, even on the description HDR is not mentioned?
Gulabo Sitabo is available in UHD.

k7tg5of.jpg

Bollywood movies are only available in 4K UHD without any HDR formats on Amazon, Amazon provides HDR 10/HDR 10+ on their all Amazon Originals, earlier they were even providing Dolby Vision on Jack Ryan S01 but don't know why they dropped Dolby Vision from Season 2 and even removed it afterwards from Season 1, maybe some licensing issues with Dolby.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock