Breaking Disney+ Hotstar testing 4K HDR

• Thread starter Nilu334
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 122
  • Views: Views 22,500
Last Screenshot was from Android TV and the below one is from Fire Stick 4K, both are on latest version, even this mentions Dolby Vision under Display HDR alongwith HDR 10.

Maybe they'll add Dolby Vision and HDR in coming days

nI2I25U.jpg
It seems they are going to support all display formats like Dolby Vision, HLG and HDR10+ formats which is good. As Samsung Smart TV doesn't support Dolby Vision and only supports HDR10+.

June end definitely launch..
I guess, June 19, Aarya which has a lot of buzz gonna be perfect. However I don't think June is going to be a reality. They will get 4k HDR ready by the time heavy hitters like The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, The Mandalorian gonna hit. However don't think HBO content gonna get 4K HDR though, HBO Max itself maxes at FHD.

And as far as 4K content is concerned, the selection is limited, fewer than what even Disney+ provides in other countries. 4K won't come to any old shows which is not on Disney+ in foreign.

@kumarvishwas bro! My early bet is August, at which Marvel's The Falcon and The Winter Soldier is gonna drop. @Sparker0i bro! Disney+'s 4k Content are also limited to high profile shows like the Mandalorian and Disney+ Original Movies other than the Star wars, pixar, Marvel movies and latest Disney movies. Also most of them gonna wind up in Hotstar anyway. No issues with Disney+ 4k content imo.

Coming to HBO content I agree with you as even HBO Max does not support 4K content as of now so they are gonna be on FHD only. FX on Hulu and Hulu originals are my other bets which are gonna be offered in 4K along with 21CS(Fox )

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock