Breaking Disney+ Hotstar testing 4K HDR

• Thread starter Nilu334
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 122
  • Views: Views 22,418
Airtel xstream box...
New update in disney+hotstar
Drm problem solved now...

Barring 2-3 cartoon movies all other 4K movies now working fine in Binge+ ....

Float ,Wind , Purl ,Smash and Grab movies r having DRM issues in Binge+ box...

I am using this site to track new contents: JustWatch - Streaming Search Engine for Movies and TV Series

As per this site, only two 4K content available in Hotstar: Mandalorian and Falcon and Winter Soldier. Is it correct?

(Use Filters to see the available content in an app. For hotstar, click Popular, then hotstar, then 4K in Price filter)
If u had just gone through this thread, you wouldn't be asking this question at all. If not kindly go through you will get your answer for the same.

Secondly, just because a site says something, there is no guarantee that it will always not be true. So, kindly refrain from asking these kinds of questions as you can get your answer by just looking at a post in this thread.

Last edited:
If u had just gone through this thread, you wouldn't be asking this question at all. If not kindly go through you will get your answer for the same.

Secondly, just because a site says something, there is no guarantee that it will always not be true. So, kindly refrain from asking these kinds of questions as you can get your answer by just looking at a post in this thread.
I did go through this thread, and I thought that 4K contents mentioned in this thread may have been removed from hotstar.

I do have hotstar here in USA but contents differ in USA and India. For example, this thread shows that Laxmii is available in 4K, but when I checked here it's only in HD.

I did go through this thread, and I thought that 4K contents mentioned in this thread may have been removed from hotstar.

I do have hotstar here in USA but contents differ in USA and India. For example, this thread shows that Laxmii is available in 4K, but when I checked here it's only in HD.
Depends on what device you are using with.

Hotstar has 4K HDR, Dolby Vision support on Apple TV, Android TV and Fire TV. However, I'm not sure if they had enabled the support for Standalone Hotstar app yet.

Hotstar has 4K HDR, Dolby Vision support on Apple TV, Android TV and Fire TV. However, I'm not sure if they had enabled the support for Standalone Hotstar app yet.
This is rdg support for 4K HDR, Dolby Vision on Hotstar app of LG TV's. There is not a single update for the app on LG TV's which run on WebOS since April 2020. I even raised it with LG and Hotstar, but get a std reply that they are looking into it. Fed up with this, I got a Nvidia Shield Tv pro from US.

This is rdg support for 4K HDR, Dolby Vision on Hotstar app of LG TV's. There is not a single update for the app on LG TV's which run on WebOS since April 2020. I even raised it with LG and Hotstar, but get a std reply that they are looking into it. Fed up with this, I got a Nvidia Shield Tv pro from US.

It's the issue with Linux based platforms. They are slowly working on those. I myself has a Samsung Smart TV, I would say there are many visible improvements on the app compared to an year before. I agree they are on a snail pace to roll out features.

I am using latest "Chromecast with Google TV". It has 4K and Dolby Vision but my TV is HD only. I checked both Laxmii and Sadak 2. Both do not have 4K and 5.1 tags. I cannot check English content as it is not available in Hotstar USA.
PpHdxGX.jpg

CeRH61W.jpg

1MqVr8B.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock