Breaking Disney+ Hotstar testing 4K HDR

• Thread starter Nilu334
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 122
  • Views: Views 22,380
I am using latest "Chromecast with Google TV". It has 4K and Dolby Vision but my TV is HD only. I checked both Laxmii and Sadak 2. Both do not have 4K and 5.1 tags. I cannot check English content as it is not available in Hotstar USA.
PpHdxGX.jpg

CeRH61W.jpg

1MqVr8B.jpg
R u getting 4k tag/ icon in other contents displayed in HD TV?..I think TV should support 4K UHD, Dolby vision to be displayed in TV...We cant get/see those tags where the TV doesn't support...
I have both 4K UHD HDR TV and HD TV which supports HDR...I am not getting any tags of 4K UHD in HD TV but getting HDR only..

R u getting 4k tag/ icon in other contents displayed in HD TV?..I think TV should support 4K UHD, Dolby vision to be displayed in TV...We cant get/see those tags where the TV doesn't support...
I have both 4K UHD HDR TV and HD TV which supports HDR...I am not getting any tags of 4K UHD in HD TV but getting HDR only..
The tags are showing in other apps like Apple TV and Prime Video. I think hotstar software checks the TV, and only if TV has these, it will show.

Bro u can do one thing! In Stats for Nerds, Hotstar will display how much the connection speed is! U can get to a conclusion based on that also.

And regarding HDR content, even if the video is playing on FHD or lower ON HDR formatted devices the output will be HDR only. Its not like HDR will only work if the video plays in 4K.for example I'm currently using Idea dongle at my native place, the speed will be around 6-7mbps at the peak times, if I play Netflix HDR Video eventhough my bandwidth doesn't necessarily support 4k, video still plays in HDR only.
what is shortcut key or key combination to check stats for nerd within hotstar video player

In the setting icon at the bottom look for "See Details" and click...Now u can see all the stats of nerds displayed in the screen..At the top device details,then the content stats..if it's 4k then same resolution if mostly above 25 Mbps speed...if not According to the speed or depending on content resolution...there if it's HDR u will find hevc1 .1.6.H and 1.2.4.Lfor HDR...Then u can see the internet speed...But don't trust the displayed speeds...If 50 Mbps then it may show up to 70-80 or 20-30 Mbps too...

Last edited:
It will be available under the settings with option as Video Performance or something else..
my bad I am asking for a website player...where I am not able to found such information but by mistake, it was opened once but I am not sure what key combination I pressed. attached ref image.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock