Disney+ Hotstar new plans effective from September 1

I have tested 2-3 months ago itself...Bcoz I wanted to give the credentials to my daughter...
I am already using in 2 devices....2 devices by my daughter...
I think you my might be confused with no of devices allowed to login at a time and a number of devices that are allowed to stream the content at a single Point of time.. We are talking about the latter here... Also, Hotstar doesn't bother to count free content as one stream as well...

I think you my might be confused with no of devices allowed to login at a time and a number of devices that are allowed to stream the content at a single Point of time.. We are talking about the latter here... Also, Hotstar doesn't bother to count free content as one stream as well...
Not really....I understand it...
I have tested same paid content in 4 devices at a time...On login- I have logged in 7 devices and 2 chrome browsers...

This is going to be bad for ppl who wish to split the subscription between 2 and 4 users on the super and premium plans respectively. Since the limitation is not just on the concurrent streams but on the number of simultaneously logged in devices.
With lack of profile and download limitation on some content. They are in a way already discouraging you to share subscription.

Meanwhile it's kind of confirmed from that official release that ads are coming to mobile and super plan.

Meanwhile it's kind of confirmed from that official release that ads are coming to mobile and super plan.
Whatever, I had posted in the first post was the PR from Hotstar side... We have had to gather everything from other sources... I still have to hear from the PR side regd the queries I had put out...

Anyway... I think will be successful enough to curb account sharing with this... However, they should have atleast allowed 5-6 devices which is ideal for a single family usage...

Whatever, I had posted in the first post was the PR from Hotstar side... We have had to gather everything from other sources... I still have to hear from the PR side regd the queries I had put out...

Anyway... I think will be successful enough to curb account sharing with this... However, they should have atleast allowed 5-6 devices which is ideal for a single family usage...
I think whatever they are offering is fine. ₹1499 for 4 screens are fine. You can always log out on one device and use other at a time. Good enough for a family. Only flaw I find in those new plans are them not offering UHD in ₹899 plan. Screens are already limited to 2 which also comes with ads. Providing higher resolution is not fair.

They also need to have a monthly plan or have something like IPL pass which offers streaming of just IPL for let's say ₹99. They don't have free trials. A monthly low cost promotional plans also migh attract customers.

This is going to be bad for ppl who wish to split the subscription between 2 and 4 users on the super and premium plans respectively. Since the limitation is not just on the concurrent streams but on the number of simultaneously logged in devices.
Right..
Well logging in many devices and watching in limited screens say 4 is different proposition.....Logging out once reached 4 device login is bad on subscribers...In a family yes 5-6 users maybe there but all will not watch at same content at a time...
presently sunnxt and I think zee5 doesn't allow to login in more than allowed devices as per their regulations...
we have to wait until their new plan launch and get the actual implementation...

Right..
Well logging in many devices and watching in limited screens say 4 is different proposition.....Logging out once reached 4 device login is bad on subscribers...In a family yes 5-6 users maybe there but all will not watch at same content at a time...
presently sunnxt and I think zee5 doesn't allow to login in more than allowed devices as per their regulations...
we have to wait until their new plan launch and get the actual implementation...
Zee5 allows logging in but restricts access to premium videos.

I think whatever they are offering is fine. ₹1499 for 4 screens are fine. You can always log out on one device and use other at a time. Good enough for a family. Only flaw I find in those new plans are them not offering UHD in ₹899 plan. Screens are already limited to 2 which also comes with ads. Providing higher resolution is not fair.

They also need to have a monthly plan or have something like IPL pass which offers streaming of just IPL for let's say ₹99. They don't have free trials. A monthly low cost promotional plans also migh attract customers.
Logout from a device and logging in another is also a headache...Now Needs OTP to login...Or if mail I'd then everyone should add that account in their device...This is for mobile...To link TV app we have to enter the displayed code in mobile app or browser login page...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock