Disney+ Hotstar new plans effective from September 1

The existing VIP users used to get FHD ? I don't remember. If we used to get FHD, then it seems like the existing VIP users will be migrated to Super plan. Best of both Mobile only plan and VIP is super plan with one simultaneous stream.

Last edited:
Ads on Premium content is just for VIP users. Right?
No, even the ones subscribing directly to super plan after 1st September will also be shown ads. Ad-free viewing is only for the premium 1499 plan.

PlanStreaming Quality RestrictionAdsConcurrent StreamsTV, Web Acces
Mobile INR 499720P✅1❌
Super INR 8991080P✅2✅
Premium 14994K❌ (Will be der on Live Sports)4✅

Existing VIP subscriber seems to be getting benefits similar to Super Plan.. This is the plan info as of now.
So it's best to go for VIP plan now at 399 because VIP users will be moved to mobile plan of 499 and also get some Super plan features also like access to content across all devices :huh:

So it's best to go for VIP plan now at 399 because VIP users will be moved to mobile plan of 499 and also get some Super plan features also like access to content across all devices :huh:
Yep.. Exactly... Anyway Super plan will also have ads.. So, it's better to pay 399 now than 899 a month later imo.. Let's see what they are gonna do...

I do feel like they will migrate the existing VIP subscribers to an tier which will have 720p resolution, access to TV and a single stream access.. I don't think they will outright give the same access as Super plan..

Last edited:
I DMed Hotstar about the video resolution of the VIP plan after September. They said that the existing customer will enjoy 720 p. Not 1080 p. While those from Super plan and above will enjoy every resolution.
Replies by Hotstar- 1. Hi. The video quality while streaming content will be 1080p (FHD) for Premium and Super plan while Mobile plan will get 720p (HD). Premium and Super users will also be able to enjoy 4K content. Not all content is available in all resolutions. Stay tuned for more!
2. When i asked about resolution for those on VIP plans they replied- "You will get 720p.".

I DMed Hotstar about the video resolution of the VIP plan after September. They said that the existing customer will enjoy 720 p. Not 1080 p. While those from Super plan and above will enjoy every resolution.
Replies by Hotstar- 1. Hi. The video quality while streaming content will be 1080p (FHD) for Premium and Super plan while Mobile plan will get 720p (HD). Premium and Super users will also be able to enjoy 4K content. Not all content is available in all resolutions. Stay tuned for more!
2. When i asked about resolution for those on VIP plans they replied- "You will get 720p.".
As per their regulations even now 720p for Existing VIP users itself but it's available in FHD 1080 P...

Existing Premium users are getting upgraded to 4 screens from September. 🤩
ZIG0kYp.jpg

Nothing says about ads. I am worried about them putting ads on premium plan. ☹️

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock