Seeking Help Custom Amazon Pay for Business UPI ID

Reaction score
So the issue is with a friend who has onboarded as a merchant with Amazon and has got QR codes for the same.

Now however he is facing an issue that is when the Merchant QR is getting scanned it has the UPI ID mobilenumber@yapl.

This is causing him trouble as his private mobile number is now being shown to all those who is using and transacting with the QR. He tried creating a customized UPI ID customid@apl however he is not able to set the custom ID as the primary UPI ID of Amazon so that when people scan with their mobiles they see the custom id which is the merchant name instead of the mobilenumber. Anybody know if that is possible and if yes any way in which he can make change in app so people with see the customid instead of the mobile number

I don't use UPI as of now & have never used it before, so take my answer with a grain of salt.

I googled & got to the Amazon UPI FAQs page linked below as source. I guess that this FAQ page is for all Amazon UPIs (both personal & business), but I'm guessing that the interface on the app should be similar for both.

Here are a couple of things your friend could try:

1) Try this "Manage UPI numbers" option, to see if it allows to edit the mobile number UPI Id and change it into an alternative 8 to 11 digit UPI Id.

<<Pasting from Amazon>>
Is it mandatory to use only mobile number to set up UPI number?
No. You can set your mobile number and/or any other unique 8-11 digit number as your UPI number.
<<end of pasted content>>

<<Pasting from Amazon>>
Any time my friends or contacts send money to me using any App, I always receive it on Amazon Pay UPI. Why? How do I stop this?
This could be because you have set up your mobile number to receive money from any UPI app to Amazon Pay UPI. Go to UPI Settings page -> click on manage UPI numbers and check if your mobile number is enabled for receiving money from any UPI app. In case you want to disable this feature, you can click on pause or delete.

2) Delete the Amazon UPI from the Amazon Business account & then add it again, only this time by NOT setting the mobile number as the UPI Id. Set an alternative 8 to 11 digit number instead.

<<Pasting from Amazon>>
How do I de-register my Amazon Pay UPI ID?
You can de-register your Amazon Pay UPI by following the steps below:

Go to Amazon Pay Dashboard -> Amazon Pay UPI tile -> More options -> Deregister Amazon Pay UPI -> Click "De-register".

Note: This will delete all your Amazon Pay UPI IDs and unlink your bank accounts linked to Amazon Pay UPI. You can setup Amazon Pay UPI again using the same bank account.

Source:

U can't change the default UPI 🆔 even delink and relink..its auto mated procedure...Amazon searches by number and it comes number@yapl or @APL...u can create [email protected] it will not be default UPI 🆔...u can receive money by using customer@apl UPI 🆔..
I am using UPI....tried everything to remove number@yapl but failed...

Hi @federer.reddevil bro, whenever Amazon agent onboard any merchant the UPI ID chages from mobile number to some random alphabet. He can also change by following easy steps.
  1. Open Amazon App
  2. Tap on Amazon Pay
  3. Now, click on Amazon Pay UPI
  4. Near your bank logo you will see three dots in vertical, click on that a pop up will appear
  5. Choose manage UPI IDs and change your UPI ID
  6. Now, check if QR code still shows number. If yes, coming back to step 4 you'll see show QR on top download and print.

Hi @federer.reddevil bro, whenever Amazon agent onboard any merchant the UPI ID chages from mobile number to some random alphabet. He can also change by following easy steps.
  1. Open Amazon App
  2. Tap on Amazon Pay
  3. Now, click on Amazon Pay UPI
  4. Near your bank logo you will see three dots in vertical, click on that a pop up will appear
  5. Choose manage UPI IDs and change your UPI ID
  6. Now, check if QR code still shows number. If yes, coming back to step 4 you'll see show QR on top download and print.
We can't edit primery 🆔 there is no option to edit...check urself... I don't know about business 🆔...normal primery UPI 🆔 can't be edited...

U can't change the default UPI 🆔 even delink and relink..its auto mated procedure...Amazon searches by number and it comes number@yapl or @APL...u can create [email protected] it will not be default UPI 🆔...u can receive money by using customer@apl UPI 🆔..
I am using UPI....tried everything to remove number@yapl but failed...
Finally managed to get Amazon CC on call they say for merchant cuxtomized ID can never be created for transfers. All that they can do is create a new QR with a random UPI ID AMZNxxxxx@apl where xxxxx are random numbers but doing that will generate new QR code it seems.

Thanks all for your help but for merchants acording to Customer Care cant create custom UPI ID. By default UPI ID will be mobilenumber@apl/yapl/rapl

If you want to hide your mobile number you need to manually tell them I want a QR code which doesnt show my mobile number in UPI ID then they will send a new QR Code which will have an UPI ID as AMZNxxxxx@apl/yapl/rapl

Thanks once again for all your help

Yes but you can change the UPI ID you wish.
It's the issue of primery 🆔 not about creating UPI 🆔..I also created multiple UPI 🆔 but they r for receiving money only...those can be created 2-3 as our wished alphabetical names...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock