Buy Windows 10 Pro Lifetime License for Just 299 on Flipkart

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 93
  • Views: Views 16,919
I can't do a clean install as that will wipe out the recovery as well. I only can upgrade. Sure I can upgrade from windows 10 home to pro after buying this?
Yes you can upgrade since it is a retail key. It would not have been possible if it was an OEM key. You can upgrade. Also you can clean install by formatting only the drive which contains windows. Hence your backup drive can be mapped again with windows.

I can't do a clean install as that will wipe out the recovery as well. I only can upgrade. Sure I can upgrade from windows 10 home to pro after buying this?
Yes, you can upgrade from Windows 10 home to pro. You can also use generic pro key to upgrade Windows 10 home to pro. Generic key will not activate Windows. It can only be used for upgrade or installation.

You can find generic pro key here: Windows 10 - Build 10240 - #ActivationKey

You can do clean install and you shouldn't worry about recovery.

If your PC manufacturer has given recovery option, that'll probably be on other partition not on Windows (C drive). Because, if anything happens to C drive by malware attack or ransomware it'll affect recovery as well (if it is located on the same partition).

Windows 10 also has build in recovery option.

You should think twice before installing these keys. You got original Windows 10 home license. Some of these keys are VL and trust me you don't want to change your license from OEM or retail to VL. So, be careful.

Remember Microsoft will never sell Windows license at these cheap rates and we don't know how they (seller) get these keys.

Yes you can upgrade since it is a retail key. It would not have been possible if it was an OEM key
I'm a little worried because the laptop I bought was from the US. So was doubting whether this upgrade from US key -> India key would work that well or not.

Also you can clean install by formatting only the drive which contains windows. Hence your backup drive can be mapped again with windows
You can do clean install and you shouldn't worry about recovery.

If your PC manufacturer has given recovery option, that'll probably be on other partition not on Windows (C drive). Because, if anything happens to C drive by malware attack or ransomware it'll affect recovery as well (if it is located on the same partition).
For some strange reason, the backup isn't a drive but a folder inside C:\ that can be accessed only through Recovery or Lenovo OneKey button something. So I'm a little worried on formatting the C:\ drive.

I'm a little worried because the laptop I bought was from the US. So was doubting whether this upgrade from US key -> India key would work that well or not.

You can upgrade but if it has genuine windows 10 home then I will not suggest for an upgrade as the key will be a company provided one with other safety measures. Also you can use the same key again on the same system n number of times without any issues. Also there isnt much difference btn windows 10 home and pro unless u are connected with multiple systems.

Also you can use the same key again on the same system n number of times without any issues.
Sometimes, the key gets blocked and you can not use blocked key. But, once the Windows is activated and if your license gets converted into digital license. Your copy of Windows will remain activated and after that you don't need that key. Windows will activate automatically after reinstalling, no need to install any key.
Also there isnt much difference btn windows 10 home and pro unless u are connected with multiple systems.
Yes there isn't much difference. Except Bitlocker (important feature, if you want to encrypt your PC) and Group policy (sometimes useful) all features are for enterprise or business users.
Compare Windows 10 Home vs Pro | Microsoft Windows

So flipkart will send product key with installation dvd ?
No. Just the product key. You have to download OS via Microsoft website online. While installation provide this key to activate.

Force stop Windows Updates is possible only on Pro variant and that's why I want it.
This option was removed last year after Windows update if i remember correctly. Now there is no "official" way to turn off updates on Pro.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock