BSNL 5G related discussions

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 29
  • Views: Views 5,750
In MP recently BSNL has started providing their FTTH to almost all the village users since JIO Fiber is available in almost all the district towns BSNL is heavily losing its market there so the village subscription is only survival for them.
It's good thing. But villagers will opt for minimum plan and not for high end plan like 200Mbps-500Mbps. Now everything will be based on OTT platforms. Zee5+Sonyliv merging. Jio cinema and Voot select merging and Hotstar and paramount merging. Netflix and amazon already there. So OTT platforms are flourishing in India which need good fiber. So BSNL fiber should be available in urban area as well for good revenues. If not, BSNL is doomed soon.

RIP Airtel only 5 block of 700 mhz spectrum left after bsnl allocation. After country wide release of 5g from bsnl and jio next year airtel will lose customers because of no indoor coverage 😑
Airtel don't have 40000 Crore to buy 700Mhz. So they didn't buy it. Even for 5G, they went with NSA mode where hardware upgrade is not needed. That's why Airtel is able to rollout 5G in least amount of time. For three years, I don't think Airtel will be able to deploy SA network, unless and until Adani steps up and buy Vi+BSNL at lowest possible cost. Airtel will be sleeping for three years with minor upgrades here and there. Once they start loosing customers to SA 5G of Jio, they will wake up and invest in SA 5G network. 600Mhz is there and its even better for coverage. By next auction in 2024, ecosystem of 600Mhz will be developed even for low end handset. So don't worry about it. People are changing handsets for every two to three years, by the time Airtel buys 600Mhz and deploys it, it will have smartphones supporting 600Mhz band. Right now people will enjoy 4G only. Currently Airtel is flourishing with postpaid Airtel black business because of poor Vi. Vi postpaid subscribers are moving to Airtel in large numbers since last six months even after Vi plans are attractive. Till that happens, Airtel will survive, if these customers shift to Jio, Airtel will start upgrading and buy 600Mhz/700Mhz, spectrum. And first of all, let them deploy band 5 spectrum they purchased across the circles. It isn't even completed yet fully.

After country wide release of 5g from bsnl and jio next year airtel will lose customers because of no indoor coverage 😑
Don't expect BSNL 5G so fast. Tejas networks haven't even made proper 4G gear yet. To deliver the gear to BSNL and optimize it on tower with TCS software, it will take atleast three years for BSNL. By that time, Jio 5G would have covered across the country. We are staying in India, not in China or US. Everything moves here slowly like snail.

this will only benefit prospective VNO

as bsnl dont have marketing and customer support team.

also network, core and radio is outsourced to tcs.

in short BSNL is just spectrum holding company + outsourced telco operator

so whenever 4g and 5g launch many VNO will partner and much discounted bulk contract and USE network, revive BSNL telco.

BSNL has one of best customer support team did you tried your hand on their social media handle? They literally called me from there area head office to fix my network issue, installed tower in area where I demanded the connectivity.
Also, they provide me with numbers whom I can contact in case of rural areas of Rajasthan. I planning to switch to BSNL as network connectivity and speed is amazing in it.

this will only benefit prospective VNO

also network, core and radio is outsourced to tcs.

in short BSNL is just spectrum holding company + outsourced telco operator

so whenever 4g and 5g launch many VNO will partner and much discounted bulk contract and USE network, revive BSNL telco.

I am thnking in same direction and now we can see announcement pop-up

and by 2025, many new VNO will join bsnl to buy in bulk and sell telecom service under their brands,

atleast those companies which having brand presence for mass/very large customer base and/or those hoping to grow their brand under telecom to grew its existing business at key point of AFFORDABLE 4G/5G service.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am thnking in same direction and now we can see announcement pop-up

and by 2025, many new VNO will join bsnl to buy in bulk and sell telecom service under their brands,

atleast those companies which having brand presence for mass/very large customer base and/or those hoping to grow their brand under telecom to grew its existing business at key point of AFFORDABLE 4G/5G service.

The minister said the 4G network of BSNL will be upgraded to 5G by November-December.

New Delhi: State-run C-DoT is expecting to deploy indigenously developed 5G telecom gears in the BSNL network in the next 6-8 months, a senior company official said. Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DoT) CEO Rajkumar Upadhyay told PTI that the company has indigenously developed the entire 5G network comprising 5G standalone (SA) radio, core and IP Multimedia System in collaboration with startup Wisig and VVDN Technologies.

C-DoT expects to deploy indigenous 5G system in BSNL network in 6-8 months - ET Telecom

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock