BSNL 5G related discussions

• Thread starter Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 59
  • Views Views: Views 9,037
Govt should kickstart 4g/5g service properly in bsnl & give better network coverage soon... thanks to shift of public towards bsnl, it forced jio & airtel to launch few slight affordable plans compared to their own plans... p.s edited

Last edited:
Which plans bro?
Correction I meant - jio were forced to launch new plans slightly affordable compared to earlier jio & airtel plan.. ( still bsnl plan is much more affordable ) if bsnl wouldnt be there in future. Telecom might end up like a duopoly..

Govt should kickstart 4g/5g service properly in bsnl & give better network coverage soon... thanks to shift of public towards bsnl, it forced jio & airtel to launch few slight affordable plans compared to their own plans... p.s edited
5G tests are happening to be honest even in MTNL network. 4G network is getting deployed quiet fast. By next year, under Scindia, I believe, BSNL 4G+5G coverage will be decent(obviously due to 700Mhz).

5G tests are happening to be honest even in MTNL network. 4G network is getting deployed quiet fast. By next year, under Scindia, I believe, BSNL 4G+5G coverage will be decent(obviously due to 700Mhz).
is 700Mhz really going to help? I got very low speeds even on full signal on 700Mhz Jio

is 700Mhz really going to help? I got very low speeds even on full signal on 700Mhz Jio
One is using it for 4G and one is using it for 5G. BSNL don't even have 3G right now. And it might be the case that lot of users might be latched on to that site. Also band 1 4G might not be there in your case. Next year things will improve.

Jio has lots of bands right now. 5 to be precise. Due to SA technology, 4G and 5G has been separated quiet a bit and speeds on 4G has improved to drastically. Still 100 million 5G only customers despite of free 5G, but still with the kind of spectrum Jio has, it's still good enough for 300 million. Once Jio monetises 5G(which will happen by May next year), speeds will drastically improve.

Also, 700Mhz is coverage band for Jio as well as BSNL. You will get maximum of 100Mbps inside home at full backhaul. BSNL getting 40-60Mbps on 700Mhz LTE at some places. Jio has stopped density of N78, so load is on N28. Jio has to add mmwave really soon somehow. I hope next year Apple and S25U incorporates mmwave inside their phone. It will breach 150K for 256GB.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom