BHIM app News and Updates

Bhim app to be available for iOS users on January 10, 2017: Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant

On Friday, 30 December 2016, PM Modi
launched the Bharat Interface for Money (Bhim) app, a simple and convenient utility that allowed users to make cashless transactions across banks. The app quickly saw a surge in users with the servers going down briefly . The app reached the number 1 spot on Play store listings. The application has launched only for Android smartphones, and users of iOS and Windows Mobile have been demanding for the launch of the app on all platforms.

Amitabh Kant
@amitabhk87
Wait for 10 days. Patience is a virtue! twitter.com/anuacharya/sta…
10:20 AM - 2 Jan 2017 · New Delhi, India

NITI Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant responded to Twitter queries on when the application would be launched on iOS, and said that the application will be available in 10 days. The application on iOS will feature multilingual support, but it is unclear if the iOS version will feature languages in addition to the languages currently available on the Android version of the app. As of now, Bhim has interfaces in Hindi and English.

Amitabh Kant
@amitabhk87
Pl wait. In 10 days time iOS version & multilingual.
twitter.com/madhavi_malli/…

The application should be available on January 10. The description of the product and the FAQ initially listed as the application being available on iOS as well. These descriptions have now been tweaked on the official sites. The changes seem to indicate that the application has been developed, and is waiting with Apple for approval for listing, a process that is notoriously opaque. We have reviewed the application , and it is really simple to set up, and easier to use than mobile wallets. Industry stakeholders have called the Bhim app a “game changer” in India.

Bhim app to be available for iOS users on January 10, 2017: Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant Tech2 Mobile

Sarkar said:
Why do you need wallet when you can transfer fund directly from bank account?
Sarkar Bro,E-Wallets like Paytm,Freecharge,Citrus,Zeta,etc obviously provides a very massive advantage for Credit Card users compared to other apps. :eek:hya :eek:hya   :eek:hya
I think you may know it too. :win :win :win

But it is not interoperable. And it's a biggest disadvantage. You cannot pay a SBI buddy users if you hv money in paytm. Also there is huge fund transfers charges involved which is 4% in paytm but in UPI it's free.

Sarkar said:
But it is not interoperable. And it's a biggest disadvantage. You cannot pay a SBI buddy users if you hv money in paytm. Also there is huge fund transfers charges involved which is 4% in paytm but in UPI it's free.

Currently all the e-wallets i mentioned provide free transfers.Also you can transfer the money in wallet to any bank account in India.I find no disadvantages what sover,since all the transfers have been successful at one instance for me.

If you say wallet free transfers are temporary,so would be the UPI.

What about interoperability? It's the biggest issue. And there is also security issue. For example many wallet does not ask for PIN number while transferring money to or doing transaction. So what will happen if you lost phone?

Sarkar said:
What about interoperability? It's the biggest issue. And there is also security issue. For example many wallet does not ask for PIN number while transferring money to or doing transaction. So what will happen if you lost phone?

Bro,i take care of my phone,just like a regular wallet.Now Freecharge provides insurance policy for wallet users to cover up till 20K.

The security features like PIN,fingerprint authentication,One time Passwords are there or being implemented in all the wallets.Also you have to take into account the ease of use as well in wallets.

Bro,if you don't mind,could you please elaborate the inter-operability issue?

Sarkar said:
sarkar vai dekho eta...(Please see it)

966132101699176e723f63a500de1a04.jpg

ddthnewuser said:
Bro,i take care of my phone,just like a regular wallet.Now Freecharge provides insurance policy for wallet users to cover up till 20K.

The security features like PIN,fingerprint authentication,One time Passwords are there or being implemented in all the wallets.Also you have to take into account the ease of use as well in wallets.

Bro,if you don't mind,could you please elaborate the inter-operability issue?

Inter operability means Transfer from Freecharge wallet to paytm wallet or Viceverca...
as far I know. Isn't it Sarkar Bro?

Sarkar said:

Sarkar bro, I agree issue of Interoperability is biggest issue & that is the reason i have also opted for UPI based apps like Pockets & Buddy.
One thing i would like to add that Usage of App lock reduces the risk of security issues. I myself use this app to lock all my banking apps.

Optimus_Prime said:
Inter operability means Transfer from Freecharge wallet to paytm wallet or Viceverca...
as far I know. Isn't it Sarkar Bro?

The wallets are opening their own banks very soon like Airtel Payments Bank.They have applied for licenses to RBI.Once it is issued,then you would able to transfer money from your one wallet's bank account to the other.Wouldn't it solve interoperability then? :)

Q. Can I move my money to any other Bank from Paytm Payments Bank Wallet?

A. Yes, you would be able to send money to any bank account from your Paytm Payment Bank Wallet.

You may read the full article on Your Paytm Wallet :: Paytm Payments Bank & Various Fees

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock