BHIM app News and Updates

Sarkar said:
But question was, Can we use Bhim app for that transfer or not ? Ans should be yes
Right now? Had Paytm and Jio Money integrated upi?

Sarkar said:
I don't use Jio Money but in Paytm it says coming soon
Ok, let's see how fast they'll integrate it. So currently the answer is No. But in future, it may change to Yes.

ilikered said:
The solution for you is to transfer your wallet money to the bank account using same apps like Paytm and Jio Money. After that you can use BHIM to make future transactions.

Ok, I'll be doing that. Actually I have a sum of money in paytm and jio money wallets. Now I'll transfer that to bank.. Thanks.

BHIM app plagued with issues less than 24 hours since launch; updated app coming soon

With an aim of promoting a cashless economy, the government has been hard at work to introduce various initiatives. One such launch is the rebranded Unified Payments Interface (UPI) app, which is now called ‘BHIM’ or Bharat Interface for Money. But proving yet again, how far off we are from being a truly cashless society, the BHIM app has been plagued with issues less than 24 hours since launch.

BHIM
@NPCI_BHIM
Dear All, due to high server loads we are facing intermittent issues. We are updating a new version on the playstore to solve this. Pls RT.

People have been facing issues with setting up the app. On Twitter, people have been complaining about receiving four digits OTP, whereas the app requires six digit codes to gets services started. People have also been facing issues in regards to Account invalid error, error fetching bank account to name a few. The app is developed by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and is available for Android smartphones via Google Play Store. It enables its users to make all forms of cashless payments using various digital modes, including debit/credit cards, unstructured supplementary service data (USSD), unified payments interface (UPI) and Aadhaar-enabled payment system.

While this is just the rebranded version of the UPI apps, the original app was launched in August with initially only 21 banks. Comparatively, the BHIM app comes with a simple interface and is easy to use. The app is less than 2MB in size. On starting the app, you will be asked to give permission to send an SMS and register your phone number. Once registered, you will be asked to set a 4-digit password, and then choose your bank from the list. BHIM is supported by host of banks, including State Bank of India, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank, HDFC Bank, Bank of India, Canara Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Oriental Bank of Commerce and Punjab National Bank, among others.

BHIM app plagued with issues less than 24 hours since launch; updated app coming soon

Today, since afternoon we were trying to setup an axis bank account and it never worked. Unable to generate UPI pin. OTP is coming, but pin isn't being generated. I don't think proper testing was done on the app. Typical govt app.

I tried to install it but it stuck at permissions. I am not able to give it access. I am on android 6.0 and want to know whether am the only one facing this issue or everyone with 6.0 facing this.. my friend is on 5.0 and it is working fine for him.

rtz2042 said:
I tried to install it but it stuck at permissions. I am not able to give it access. I am on android 6.0 and want to know whether am the only one facing this issue or everyone with 6.0 facing this.. my friend is on 5.0 and it is working fine for him.

No problem here on 6.0

got past permissions without any problem :k

No issue for me also at permissions. You can also manually give permission by going into the app details screen. Try that.

ilikered said:
No issue for me also at permissions. You can also manually give permission by going into the app details screen. Try that.
I am not able to switch it on bro.. Will try again.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock