Australia tour of India | 2019

• Thread starter Thread starter Shubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 1,025
  • Views Views: Views 65,301
I was never a Karthik fan. Always wondering how he managed to get hefty IPL contracts every season. I could remember few of his test innings where he opened in England. Also practice matches leading to CT'13, that's all. I was in all protest when he made his comeback, even when made a 50+ score in ODI (now realise, that was also in chasing with no pressure). But started liking him after his approach in a T20I in SA (probably). He might not be scored big runs, but the intent was good. That intent made it possible for him to be remembered by cricket fans (10-20 years from now, people will remember him only for Nidahas). Agree with @Siva bro that, we can't have only 2nd innings players. For that, we need to have Super-sub system back.

I was never a Karthik fan. Always wondering how he managed to get hefty IPL contracts every season. I could remember few of his test innings where he opened in England. Also practice matches leading to CT'13, that's all. I was in all protest when he made his comeback, even when made a 50+ score in ODI (now realise, that was also in chasing with no pressure). But started liking him after his approach in a T20I in SA (probably). He might not be scored big runs, but the intent was good. That intent made it possible for him to be remembered by cricket fans (10-20 years from now, people will remember him only for Nidahas). Agree with @Siva bro that, we can't have only 2nd innings players. For that, we need to have Super-sub system back.
And bro, imagine him getting a chance when Dhoni was at his prime till couple of years ago, Just impossible. Saha is a much better Wicket Keeper, but unlucky that he had to compete with one of the best the game had ever seen. I think his time is over now, with Pant grabbing his Test opportunities with both hands!

This kl rahul sho
@id_866 bro, hope you got @Siva bro's point. It's not that Virat (or anyone else) crossed 33 and you start jumping 'remove him'! Selection must be based on form and fitness!
I understood that bro.but siva should understand that kartik is in form than dhoni.he is not accepting it.so I replied him like that 😊😊

And bro, imagine him getting a chance when Dhoni was at his prime till couple of years ago, Just impossible. Saha is a much better Wicket Keeper, but unlucky that he had to compete with one of the best the game had ever seen. I think his time is over now, with Pant grabbing his Test opportunities with both hands!
For sure. Also didn't like Saha (again personal choice, can't explain). He might be a good (best as mentioned by many) glovesman, but only average batsman.

We need to understand that in how many t20 matches india got to bat in second innings and first innings.we can't simply ignore his ability play under pressure.always its difficult to chase.he worked hard and played well in many matches.😊😊
Kartik is better compared to dhoni and give him

We need to understand that in how many t20 matches india got to bat in second innings and first innings.we can't simply ignore his ability play under pressure.always its difficult to chase.he worked hard and played well in many matches.😊😊
Kartik is better compared to dhoni and give him
You don't seem to follow cricket properly, though you comment very regularly on Cricket threads😊😊

From Late 2000's Teams started favoring "Chasing" rather than "Batting First". Teams felt Chasing is easier because of so many factors like dew, and stuff in many grounds. The pressure mostly is on the bowling team while bowling second, especially in T20s😊😊 This is why most teams chose to bowl first when they win toss, except in the big games like Semis or Finals. Even in Finals, India choose to bowl 1st in several instances lately, they lost the matches that is a different thing. But, saying that Chasing is pressure is not applicable anymore. Teams consider Batting 1st is difficult rather than 2nd and we need players who are capable of doing well in any situation😊😊

Karthik is a one dimensional player and he does not have the game or mindset to adapt to all situations😊😊 His stats confirm the same😊

And I don't even want to get started on your generic statement of "Karthik is better compared to Dhoni". Both the profiles are freely available on the internet!😊😊

You don't seem to follow cricket properly, though you comment very regularly on Cricket threads😊😊

From Late 2000's Teams started favoring "Chasing" rather than "Batting First". Teams felt Chasing is easier because of so many factors like dew, and stuff in many grounds. The pressure mostly is on the bowling team while bowling second, especially in T20s😊😊 This is why most teams chose to bowl first when they win toss, except in the big games like Semis or Finals. Even in Finals, India choose to bowl 1st in several instances lately, they lost the matches that is a different thing. But, saying that Chasing is pressure is not applicable anymore. Teams consider Batting 1st is difficult rather than 2nd and we need players who are capable of doing well in any situation😊😊

Karthik is a one dimensional player and he does not have the game or mindset to adapt to all situations😊😊 His stats confirm the same😊

And I don't even want to get started on your generic statement of "Karthik is better compared to Dhoni". Both the profiles are freely available on the internet!😊😊
I gave you enough stats on dhoni and kartik in odis.times of india written article on that.i shared it already in the forum.if you still don't agree that then it's not my problem 😊😊 most of the social networks trolling dhoni for his worst t20 form😊😊😊
Once upon India's best finisher struggling with his role is proven example for you.😊😊😊

Last edited:
I gave you enough stats on dhoni and kartik in odis.times of india written article on that.i shared it already in the forum.if you still don't agree that then it's not my problem 😊😊 most of the social networks trolling dhoni for his worst t20 form😊😊😊
You didn't say 2018 mate😊😊 Check your post again, this is what you said.
Kartik is better compared to dhoni

This is very generic, which is what I didn't agree😊😊

And about T20s, I already said numerous times that Dhoni's game isn't suitable for T20s anymore and neither is Karthik's when we bat 1st😊😊 So both are useless😊😊

You didn't say 2018 mate😊😊 Check your post again, this is what you said.

This is very generic, which is what I didn't agree😊😊

And about T20s, I already said numerous times that Dhoni's game isn't suitable for T20s anymore and neither is Karthik's when we bat 1st😊😊 So both are useless😊😊
I explained clearly already.i can't type like you paragraphs😊😊

Back
Top Bottom