Mohammed Shami
Kuldeep Yadav
Jaspreet Bumrah

Tilak Verma ahead of Shreyas Iyer for 3 reasons
1) Left Handed batsman in middle order
2) Part Time off spin
3) In Form and has lot of confidence in his Allrounder abilities

Shardul Thakur can provide batting depth ahead of Siraj who is just pure bowler

Thakur is known to break Pships as always he is must bowler in middle overs.

3 Pacer
2 spinner
1 Allrounder Pacer Pandya
1 Spin Allrounder Tilak Verma

Looks good to go with Dhawan at top you can be assured good opening Pships from Rohit - Dhawan.

Gill is only for Ahmedabad pitches.
I love everything about this except three things. Dhawan is no go right now. Either push Rahul too opening or pick Samson in his place. That could be a game changer. Bring in one more pacer in Krishna/Siraj and move Pandya up the order.

Rahul(WK)
Rohit
Virat
Tilak/Surya
Pandya
Jadeja
Shardul
Shami
Bumrah
Siraj/Prasidh
Kuldeep

Or

Gill
Rohit
Virat
Tilak
Samson
Pandya
Jadeja
Shardul
Shami
Bumrah
Kuldeep

Last edited:
Shardul has picked up wickets always whenever he got ball. He is must in XI. Siraj can come in if Shami/Bumrah needs rest.
Bro if India is bowling second then surely he will be smashed for 80 odd runs in 10 overs irr maybe more . This world cup will be in hands of that team whose bowling is top notch , who knows how to bowl with a hefty amount of dew . Remember we lost 2 important matches in the last two years WC by 10 wickets.

Ishan/Yashasvi is not good option if you need 90 runs in first ten overs. Rohit-Dhawan or Rohit-Rahul are the only options we have. Ishan is weak in technique and Yashasvi is too early too judge in ODI format. I will pick Ruturaj over the mentioned played any day any time.
Then Shubman . Dhawan is out of race as if now / unless a major injury takes place

Shardul has picked up wickets always whenever he got ball. He is must in XI. Siraj can come in if Shami/Bumrah needs rest.
Indeed he has but you have to get the best bowling line up , Even if u score 400 , if you don't have bowlers who know how to knock down opposition by taking 3-4 wickets within 20 overs, there are teams who will chase it within 45 overs .

Bro if India is bowling second then surely he will be smashed for 80 odd runs in 10 overs irr maybe more . This world cup will be in hands of that team whose bowling is top notch , who knows how to bowl with a hefty amount of dew . Remember we lost 2 important matches in the last two years WC by 10 wickets.
We will have six to seven bowlers if Tilak and Pandya plays in top five. We just need to decide our keeper plays at opening or at six. Shardul and Pandya should bowl 14 overs between them. Three overs spell at the max. Shami/Siraj and Pandya at top with first change as Jadeja and Shardul. And after 18 overs, Bumrah and Kuldeep. 18-35 overs will decide the game for each team. Two trump cards. I hope Bumrah doesn't play each match leading to world cup.

O
Our batting was weak in my opinion. I hope you are talking about Babar-Rizwan partnership.

Indeed he has but you have to get the best bowling line up , Even if u score 400 , if you don't have bowlers who know how to knock down opposition by taking 3-4 wickets within 20 overs, there are teams who will chase it within 45 overs .
Only England can chase. But again, no Jofra Archer, Root, Bairstow isn't in form. Rashid/Mooen will go for runs. For England, key players, Stokes, Woakes, Buttler. Nobody else can chase.

Our bowling is weak, but that's why Pandya upfront and bowling Thakur as a one change will make difference. Run scoring will be handled by Rohit, Kohli, Tilak/Surya. Pandya, Jadeja. That's why seven bowlers should be there in the team.

We will have six to seven bowlers if Tilak and Pandya plays in top five. We just need to decide our keeper plays at opening or at six. Shardul and Pandya should bowl 14 overs between them. Three overs spell at the max. Shami/Siraj and Pandya at top with first change as Jadeja and Shardul. And after 18 overs, Bumrah and Kuldeep. 18-35 overs will decide the game for each team. Two trump cards. I hope Bumrah doesn't play each match leading to world cup.
Introducing Bumrah after 18 overs means we'll be in the back seat . You have to get him in the first 10 overs itself . Siraj and shami as well . Pandya should come after the powerplay.

Only England can chase. But again, no Jofra Archer, Root, Bairstow isn't in form. Rashid/Mooen will go for runs. For England, key players, Stokes, Woakes, Buttler. Nobody else can chase.
Australia can also do the same considering they defeated us in Vizag this year by playing Bazzball . England just need Buttler and Bairstow to trigger . Also New Zealand will be a threat to India.

Back
Top Bottom