Discussion Apple iOS 14 News and Updates

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 90
  • Views: Views 10,286
iOS 14.4 is out for general public.

lckqiX6.jpg

First time the update is allowing to download in mobile (not asking mandatory Wifi).

First time the update is allowing to download in mobile (not asking mandatory Wifi).
this is what i was waiting apple to to release from last announcement made in some where nov-dec.

My iphone 6s has some internal problem and It doesn't SWICH ON WIFI.

so i am entirely depend on mobile data

for previous ios 12-13 update, i had used to connect to PC via iTunes and it require some 3-4gb for downalod and update single version.

Second thing i am expecting icloud back-up should also remove condition that IPHONE must be connected to wifi, other two are still ok, that its on charging and locked.

for previous ios 12-13 update, i had used to connect to PC via iTunes and it require some 3-4gb for downalod and update single version.
For previous 2 updates, it was 6+GB for me each time.
Overall it consumed 40+ GB due to multiple 'Download failure'.

Google has an unspecified “handful” of iOS apps that need to be disclosed under Apple’s App Tracking Transparency (ATT) policy, and would require users to click “Allow Tracking” or “Ask App Not to Track” before being able to proceed.

Rather than having to show that prompt, Google will stop using a device’s unique IDFA (Identifier For Advertisers) when ATT goes into effect early this year, and thus be “in line with Apple’s guidance.” Of course, Google presumably has other tracking methods, while everything in their stack is technically considered first-party. The company also reiterated that its services will get App Privacy labels as they are updated.

Google apps won't have to show iOS 'Allow tracking' prompt - 9to5Google

14.5 Developer beta brings "unlock iPhone with Apple Watch" feature.

To enable the Unlock with Apple Watch feature, open the Settings app on your iPhone, then look for the “Face ID & Passcode” setting. Once you flip this toggle, your Apple Watch will be able to authenticate your iPhone as long as the following conditions are met:
  • Face ID detects a mask
  • Your Apple Watch is nearby
  • Your Apple Watch is on your wrist
  • Your Apple Watch is unlocked
  • Your Apple Watch has a passcode enabled
Another thing to keep in mind here is that if you disable the Apple Watch wrist detection feature, then you will not be able to unlock your iPhone with your Apple Watch.

How to use the new 'Unlock with Apple Watch' iPhone feature - 9to5Mac

Global dual SIM 5G enabled as well.

iOS 14.5 beta enables worldwide dual-SIM 5G support - 9to5Mac

Apple has finally offered the ability to set Spotify as your default music player for Siri commands. This was previously only available on HomePods, and was a feature we asked for back in 2019.

The new behavior appears in the beta of iOS 14.5. The first time you ask Siri to play something, it lists all the streaming services you have installed on your device and ask you which of them you want to use. Once you have done so, Siri then defaults to that service for subsequent requests.

Default music player can be set to Spotify in iOS 14.5 beta - 9to5Mac

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock