Amazon Prime Video App & Website - News & Updates

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 286
  • Views: Views 71,861
Prime video still keeps KGF 2 as rent. The proposed date of online release was May 27.

Interesting strategy by prime on KGF2:

- Makes it available for rent only for 2 weeks (16 - 30 may).
- Blackout for 3 days (not available for anyone) (31 may - 2 june).
- available for all from june 3.

Btw, The Batman now at Rs.149...was Rs.499 till yesterday.
Subscription will be vanish from ott in a long run seems 😡 .. if means then no difference from theatre & ott 🤨

Last edited:
Subscription will be vanish from ott in a long run seems 😡 .. if means then no difference from theatre & ott 🤨
Nothing changed here. You are still getting movies within 90 days period. Here they are offering an additional features of early access. Like shopping apps does on sales. Sales are all same. Only difference is if you got plus membership you get early access.

I think Amazon should provide some credits to Prime members for them to rent the movies. They can also offer rent discounts to Prime members. It will be a win-win situation for Prime members.

TVOD doesn't work well in India as it works in the countries like US, UK etc. India is not in that transition yet.
Absolutely it won't work in our country subscription is only way users love to have either 3 , 6 , 12 years basics even prime I'll activate monthly based whenever it requires 😉

TVOD doesn't work well in India as it works in the countries like US, UK etc. India is not in that transition yet.

Hope it will not work well in India. But many said the same thing about OTT and subscriptions when it was launched. But now there are too many OTT platforms and many more to come in the coming months.

All major OTT's might push this method for a few more months/years before making a final decision. Maybe Disney+ Hotstar might start it next.

Hope it will not work well in India. But many said the same thing about OTT and subscriptions when it was launched. But now there are too many OTT platforms and many more to come in the coming months.

All major OTT's might push this method for a few more months/years before making a final decision. Maybe Disney+ Hotstar might start it next.
You are not getting the point. OTT and rental are two different businesses. Just like how Google Play sold music and allowed streaming too.

You are not getting the point. OTT and rental are two different businesses. Just like how Google Play sold music and allowed streaming too.
Looks like you didn't get my point bro. I know they are two different businesses but OTTs are trying to combine them.

Prime has been doing that for a long time in the US and a few other countries but they have to buy options as well. In India, it's only available for rent. Disney+ started it in 2020 as Premier Access for Mulan and other movies. HBO Max also has a similar feature.

Now Prime has started it in India soon others might join them as well. Who knows maybe Disney+ Hotstar will do it in India for Doctor Strange: Multiverse of madness or Thor: Love and Thunder. HBO Max might launch in 2023 in India and they will bring this feature as well.

iTunes, Google Play Movies, and BMS have only Rent/Buy options and that's fine but the OTTs which have subscription options are trying to start the renting service (I think in the US they have both buy and rent options) also and delay the movie for a few more weeks which will be an issue for the users.

They won't stop this feature in India unless it failed and there is a decrease in the user base. But I think this feature might become successful in India as well. Because when the OTT service started in India many said what's the use of paying for them when we can download from various sites for free. But OTT services have become a very successful business and now there are more than enough platforms.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock