All Indian villages now have electricity

• Thread starter Sarkar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 139
  • Views: Views 10,743

Sarkar

Reaction score
Leisang became the last remaining village to be now brought on the national power grid. With a population of 65, Leisang falls under Senapati district of Manipur. According to the government data, all of India’s 597464 census villages are now electrified. The government had allocated at its onset Rs75893 crore under the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana

In his Independence Day speech of 2015, PM Modi promised that all villages where electricity was yet to reach, will have power within 1,000 days. All villages in India now have been electrified 12 days ahead of a deadline set by Prime Minister Narendra Modi

Historic moment for Modi! All villages in India electrified; the way forward

power.jpg

Excellent news. Though it has taken all these years, it has happened at last. It's an accomplishment to be proud of, just like when India was declared polio-free.

Excellent news. Though it has taken all these years, it has happened at last. It's an accomplishment to be proud of, just like when India was declared polio-free.

If we are so happy, wonder how much happy those people might me who got to see electricity for the first time in their life in their villages.

This Govt has done what it had promised in 2014.

People are free to challenge official govt documents on court if they believe that Govt is spreading lies. This is not a political manifesto by party.
Some people, however, said on Twitter their villages had yet to be electrified despite the government's claim.

"No. Not every village yet," said Twitter user Dilip Gupta, identifying his village in a district of Uttar Pradesh in the north. "Over the course of years my native place has been expecting electricity every year, but it hasn't arrived yet."

I think this thread tiltle should have a exclamation mark in end.

All villages have now been electrified! 💥
This sounds like a very big achievement but it's not. For a village to be "electrified", only 10% houses need to have access to electricity.

So if there's a village where 90% houses don't have electricity, it will still be called as an Electrified Village.

All villages have now been electrified! 💥
This sounds like a very big achievement but it's not. For a village to be "electrified", only 10% houses need to have access to electricity.

So if there's a village where 90% houses don't have electricity, it will still be called as an Electrified Village.
Right every village having electricity doesn't means every house having electricity.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock