Airtel to shut down 3G networks across India by December 2019

• Thread starter Bapun
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 50
  • Views: Views 10,967
Airtel 3G worked in North Bengal (dooars), last time checked on 27th January when I was there, will be there again on 4th March, and will update here if that has been shut down or not.

Their 4g penetration is not worth, even in my house if i go to east side balcony i get good network while if i go to my west side balcony it struggles to get signal and even if signal is full the internet is down, had to make flight mode and then normal mode to work, don't worry i don't have big mansion like ambani just a flat. Airtel guy visisted and left with stone statements - we are upgrading our networks and this would be resolved soon.

what is this Reliance 4G ?!
xgKxt97.jpg

can't connect to this network by Airtel/Voda/Jio

you don't get 4G there?!

what is this Reliance 4G ?!
xgKxt97.jpg

can't connect to this network by Airtel/Voda/Jio

you don't get 4G there?!
That is the MCC-MNC for Legacy Reliance network. Reliance and Jio has a spectrum sharing agreement where Jio uses Reliance's 850MHz spectrum along with it's own spectrum. It is also broadcasted from Jio's tower and I used to connect it when RCOM was still around.

Airtel 3G worked in North Bengal (dooars), last time checked on 27th January when I was there, will be there again on 4th March, and will update here if that has been shut down or not.
el6k7EH.jpg

Airtel 3G is STILL working perfectly here in Jalpaiguri district.

east side balcony i get good network while if i go to my west side balcony it struggles to get signal
Even I face the same problem when I get 2300mhz network band inside home which can't penetrate the wall so well unlike 900, 1800, 2100 MHz band. But outdoor connectivity is fine.

Is it confirmed that Airtel 3G is shutdown almost everywhere?

Is it confirmed that Airtel 3G is shutdown almost everywhere?
Yes in my city (Madurai) Tamilnadu there is no 3G only Vodafone and Idea giving 3G BSNL 4g signal under 4g with same Band 1 Airtel is reframing 3g to 4g after re-framing i am getting Good Speed in Indoor

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock