Breaking Airtel became First Indian Teleco to Shut Down 3G Network

How are you guys even getting BSNL 4g? When I asked BSNL exchange office at home, they said they have no idea
Here
hXoh2CY.jpg

2G spectrum is less costly and serves basic needs of customers, remember many cannot afford paying high amount for 4G packs.

3G subscribers can easily be migrated to 4G without feeling much pinch and improve overall experience. Airtel has made huge investment in 4G hence it makes sense to do this, 3G is just wastage of money without any major advantage to company or subscribers. Airtel will free the 3G spectrum and put these funds for enhancing other things or provide better plans.

This shift was happening /is happening since last 2 years and all part of their strategy to optimise use of assets
Except those who who are using basic phone_without internet_are the only one who are effected with 2g closure
Now a days even old people are using touch screen phone plus many basic keyboard phone are 3g capable
Recently when JiO came many users just dumped their 3g phone without 2nd thought and now due to Dual Volte another phase of mobile dumping started.
Then there is another factor is of mobile shell life which is 2/3 years only
And finally in Two years 5g is coming so keeping 2g is kind of strange strategy.
Regarding 3g data speed it's not bad at all i am using BSNL 3gH+ which gives 4 to 10 mbps speed so it's quite sufficient for most of uses.

That's too judgmental statement.
Shutting 2g is Foolish & Shutting 3g smart :D
Only difference between Airtel and Jio is that you can use Airtel in older phone too (My grandparents still use Nokia 1110i). Airtel is also making money from these users as they need to recharge every month to continue using their number.

After Jio most of 3G internet users are already shifted to 4G phones so it will not make huge effect.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock